Thread: felt Q720

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

felt Q720

any clyde's have experience with the felt Q720? I am 6' and around 320, think this bike would hold up?

mtbr member
    I looked at the reviews here at MTBR and one thing that caught my attention was several complaints about the dart2 fork, if "normal" sized riders are complaining about it you can bet it'll give a clyde nightmares, you might want to talk to your LBS about upgrading the fork and how much extra that will cost. I'm returning to cycling after 14 yrs away and I shopped around my local shops and online and I was set on getting a giant xtc2 until I went to a local shop and a clyde working there recommended the XTC2 29er,after talking about it and taking it for a test ride I put it in lay-away. The price difference was about 200 bucks but it's about twice the bike IMO, the xtc came with a dart2 and the 29er has a Marzocchi Forty-Niner, I just looked at Giant's site and they've changed the specs on the xtc's, their not listing the dart2 anymore, THAT is a serious red flag. For the money you're talking about spending just about any bike should hold up as well as others in that price range, how you ride and the maintenance you provide will make more of a difference than the name on your bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    The owner at the LBS sugested upgrading the fork. he had a tora 318 that he could swap out. total price for the bike and upgraded fork was quoted at $970+ tax . He is trying to move the bike to make way for the new 2011.

mtbr member
    Hellz yeah! That's not a bad price without the upgrade, with it?pffff That's a REAL sweet deal!