mtbr member
    Aug 2008

DT 240 hubs for a clyde? 225 lbs

I'm going to use mavic 819 rims for a tubless setup. I ride rocky rooty cross country trails. I'm pretty gentle. Never broken or bent a rim before. But at 225 lbs I need something durable.

So I just want to know if DT 240 hubs are strong enough for me? Any other clydes use these hubs?

mtbr member
    I was considering these for my next build, and while they are good hubs I got some conflicting reports about durability. (specifically with the bearings). I think I am going to spend the little extra and get the Chris King hubs and 819 rims.
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Good job!

i weigh 245 lbs. i have ran DT Swiss 240s front and rear for almost two years. No problems ever. Recently swapped the front to the Oversize 20mm thru axle version when i bought a new fork, cause i love these hubs so much. Smooth as butter and super fast. I'd like to consider myself an aggresive trail rider. I will be last getting up the hills. But, I work my way to the front really quick when coming down. I run them with DT Swiss Champion spokes on DT Swiss 4.2d rims.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I agree with Mtbykr....I weigh in at 260 and was looking for solid hubs....I looked at the DT's but am going to go with the Chris Kings (once I pull the extra cash together) Everyone I ride with falls into the Clydes category and they love the Kings...plus the look great too