mtbr member
    Aug 2008

DT 240 hubs for a clyde? 225 lbs

I'm going to use mavic 819 rims for a tubless setup. I ride rocky rooty cross country trails. I'm pretty gentle. Never broken or bent a rim before. But at 225 lbs I need something durable.

So I just want to know if DT 240 hubs are strong enough for me? Any other clydes use these hubs?

mtbr member
    I was considering these for my next build, and while they are good hubs I got some conflicting reports about durability. (specifically with the bearings). I think I am going to spend the little extra and get the Chris King hubs and 819 rims.
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Good job!

i weigh 245 lbs. i have ran DT Swiss 240s front and rear for almost two years. No problems ever. Recently swapped the front to the Oversize 20mm thru axle version when i bought a new fork, cause i love these hubs so much. Smooth as butter and super fast. I'd like to consider myself an aggresive trail rider. I will be last getting up the hills. But, I work my way to the front really quick when coming down. I run them with DT Swiss Champion spokes on DT Swiss 4.2d rims.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I agree with Mtbykr....I weigh in at 260 and was looking for solid hubs....I looked at the DT's but am going to go with the Chris Kings (once I pull the extra cash together) Everyone I ride with falls into the Clydes category and they love the Kings...plus the look great too