mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Decision Time: S-Works Stumpjumper FSR or FSR Expert Carbon EVO?

I'm retiring my 2006 Enduro AM rig for something that will climb better and not fight me as much on all the sit and spin trails we have down here in South Florida.

I'm 6'6", 215lbs and am gonna stick with 26" this time around. I came from BMX and just don't enjoy the big wheels.

So, I test rode the EVO at the latest demo day and loved it, very similar to the bike I ride now, but with a stiffer rear end and MUCH lighter. I have the opportunity to pick up the S-Works year end at a similar price point, and since the trails are mostly XC style down here I am very tempted to go with the light fast ride.

Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    S is the best....duh!!

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    This is kinda related in the fact that I'm a clyde as well (6'2" 200 lbs) but I had a XL 21" carbon Superfly (hardtail) and I broke the frame twice without actually crashing on "cross country" midwest Chicago/Wisconsin trails. I've decided I'm done with carbon mountain bikes, the only carbon bike I'd spend my hard earned money on again is a tri bike

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Does anyone know where I can find the weights for the stumpjumper frames ( aluminum, carbon and full carbon s works)? I have a 2012 aluminum evo and I love it but I'm looking to shed some weight for this years enduro race season. I think the ticket is the s works stumpy with the evo link and shock. Curtis Keenes race bike is sub 25lbs with a dropper.