mtbr member
    Oct 2006

crossmax xl for superclyde

Good day guys.I was wondering if any one use this rim set,any opinion on this set up for 300+lbs rider.Is this wheelset strong enough for us.XC and street use only no jumping.Going to use it on a hardtail or 6" am bike. or

Captain Underpants
    OK set of rims for a HT. For an AM bike? Forget it. Buy some AtomLabs or Azonics.

To be honest, i'd look for another set of rims. I had a set of SL's, and while I never had any issues with them they worried me. Given your weight, you should be thinking 36h minimum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    ive been riding/racing with crossrides for a couple of years and i was about 240 lbs then and i have no issues with them,24 spokes! not the lightest but still not the toughest/strongest of the tubeless family....i used it up in sonoma lake /northstar/skyline mavic got me sold....im thinking of getting the SX for my evo im runnig dee trax on that one kinda heavy good luck dude! RIDE ON!!!! oh for the street? i used it to commute to an from work no problem...use stans sealant

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm just shy of 300 lbs and have been riding the Mavic Crosslands for about three or four months now with nary a problem. Same as you, XC only, no jumps or drops, just a lot of kms and I have had no problems at all (knock on wood). Wheels are still true and good to go. I'd buy them again for the price I paid (around $250) but if I had four or five hundred, I might look at something else (a buddy has Easton AM Havocs and loves 'em).

Worth a shot!

Tim

29 some of the time...
    XC should be fine, but don't slam them into stuff or jump. I am an aggressive rider at about 240lb and found the crossmax xl to be hard to keep true. I wrote it off to my weight and fact that I do jump and mess around. I would however run them in a heartbeat for strictly xc riding.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.