Crankset help!

Printable View

• 07-16-2013
    magoo_lc1
    Crankset help!
    Im going to slowly collect parts to build my hard rock up. Its a old bike 2001 model but in good shape. I think im going to make this a purpose built pavement bike. I know whats on there now is shimano but im more stumped and whats a decent set to look at that wont break the bank with and the gearing I need (im saving my pennies for a real mtb). Im looking at gearing options, how many teeth etc etc. I do like to go pretty fast as well, I have felt like on past mtbs that I can pedal faster but with the gearing im topped out. I will have to check the gearing on the bike i don't know exactly what it is. Also since I will not be jumping this bike, maybe up and off curbs, im gathering parts to make me some nice rims. When I rode as a kid on bmx I liked sun products, I was looking at their rhinolites double wall 36h rims. When winter hits im going to strip this bike to nothing and have the F/F sandblasted and either go with a satin/matte black or a clearcoated bare metal.
  • 07-16-2013
    magoo_lc1
    If it helps any at the present im 6 foot 2 and about 310. But like I said it will not be a bike for off road jumping. Best way to put it I want a bike messenger type bike lol, something like the cannondale bad boy