mtbr member

Crank Bros Joplin-4

Surprisingly! There are no reviews on this Suspention post. So I figured why not here. I'm 240Lbs, maybe the big dogs can give a better idea if I should get one, 145.00 right now, in my color and size. The last time I thought about a post like these all the reviews turned me off.

Anyone like em? Any long term riders with good results?

Nevermind. I found 9 reviews on Bikeradar, The wait continues.

For fifteen years I have had an office chair that raises and lowers perfectly. Maybe the
    seatpost big wigs should go to officemax and check out the chairs. When you first sit in
    it their is a slight cushioning also, like a suspention post would work.

Back in two years.
    Last edited by jimbowho; 07-21-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Living the High Life
    I had a Joplin and took it off my bike after 3 rides. Most CB stuff doesn't work for me. Looks nice but doesn't last, especially for big guys.

I have a Specialized Command post now, no issue so far (4 months).

mtbr member
    I bought one about 9 months ago and have had zero problems at all. I have had none of the issues that have apparently plagued the design throughout it's run. I'm not delicate with my bike and it's gone through various races just fine. Granted, I'm not a clyde (175lb currently) but I think this particular product was simply a victim of the Pontiac Fiero disease...all models were incrementally crappy until the very last one and then the company pulled the plug on it just when it got good. If you were to stick with CB, the Kronolog might do you okay, as it's designed around a mechanical, rather than hydraulic setup. Although it might be a good time to pick up a Joplin on the cheap, since it's an obsolete design with CB these days, I believe.

mtbr member
    for 145 I might consider it, but keep in mind, it's crank bros.

Crank bros stuff is designed to look cool, functionality is an afterthought for them, which is why in the company's history, they've yet to make a reliable product. Want to guess the manufacturer of the only multi-tool I've ever seen fail?

I had a joplin 3, which worked ok for 8-9 months, until apparently something wore down enough that the seals wouldn't keep air out of the oil (and replacing seals didn't fix it). and instead of a dropper, I had a spring post. Changing the oil would get rid of the problem for 3-4 rides. So I got a reverb, which has been sold so far...

keep in mind, the Joplin is NOT a suspension post. Most of us that ride droppers want no movement whatsoever unless the lever is pressed.