mtbr member
    Jun 2007

... and if we just ... Coming to the USA...

G'day Fellas, I am on my way to the US (Seattle) in a few weeks and I wanted to buy some MTB shoes (and some clothing, etc)

I am looking for size 50-52 shoes (Sidi?) and am looking for recommendations for shops in or around Seattle. I have seen a place called Performance Bike, but I am not sure if they are the best value for money.

Any tips most welcome!

Tony
    Sydney

Climbs = necessary evil
    I live in Denver so I can't help with recommendations on specialty store in Seattle. However....

Performance is a national cycling store chain that has good selection of most major products - a big box store when compared to local shops. Another big box to consider in the seattle area is REI. It's more of an "all sports" big box, but they generally have a pretty good selection of shoes too. There are also several multi sport big boxes like Sports Authority, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sports, and Acadamy Sports...to name a few...which are in most major cities.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Slow climbin' clyde
    Oct 2006
    There's another thread going on shoes and somebody found $60 Sidis in 52 at Nasbar:

shoes

Get two pairs!

Hairy man
    Quote Originally Posted by asmorris
    G'day Fellas, I am on my way to the US (Seattle) in a few weeks and I wanted to buy some MTB shoes (and some clothing, etc)

I am looking for size 50-52 shoes (Sidi?) and am looking for recommendations for shops in or around Seattle. I have seen a place called Performance Bike, but I am not sure if they are the best value for money.

Any tips most welcome!

Tony
    Sydney
    Best bike shop in Seattle is Gregg's Cycles in the Greenlake neighborhood. Gregg's has three locations, but Greenlake is the flagship. Performance is large, but somehow they never have what I need on the shelf. There are another dozen bike shops which are good. Center Cycles down in Renton gets a lot of good press, but it's way on the South side of town and I've never been there.
    We all get it in the end.