Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2008

Clydsdale Baggy Shorts

WHo makes baggy shorts for clydes? Anybody?

38-42 waist?

Former Bike Wrench

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    38 waist here. I have both Fox and Specialized in XL. Both fit nice.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I wear these Cruiseliner DeLuxe - Pants - Nzo Products under just a normal pair of baggy shorts.

Phatt Tire Luva'
    I go with Boure bibs, under a pair of Columbia stretch fabric baggies... works perfectly well.
    Ciao,

-A-

“Beer, if drank in moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health”

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I wear Fox Ranger as well as Fox Altitude, and they are awesome shorts. Removable liner, good pockets, and they fit me at 6'2 and 235.

mtbr member
    I've got a couple from Performance Bike -- their brand -- that fit well if you order a size larger than you might wear in U.S.-made gym shorts.
    I ride at night - see my tips for Night Cycling
    My Blog: Cycling For Beginners

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    fox sargents but after 2 years the pocket magnets pulled through the threading Nice removable chamois too But dont wash them with chamois attached or it will rip the loops

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    +1 on Fox Sergeant. Worn 2-3 times a week for a year with no issues. Very comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by danhasdrums View Post
    This place is like high school, except the morons here don't get automatically put in stupid kid classes...

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    I'm still wearing my size 34 even though I'm a 38 now lol Yay for extended waistband! Those buttons are strong as hell

Johnny Dependable
    +1 for aerotech designs shorts if you're a clydesdale (40" + waist). BUT, they definitely run SMALL. Get one size up from your usual size. Don't believe the generous measurements they give in their descriptions. I've had to exchange two pair. Learned my lesson.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Live2Cycle87 View Post
    I'm still wearing my size 34 even though I'm a 38 now lol Yay for extended waistband! Those buttons are strong as hell
    haha ^^^ best post all night.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    peal izumi has a couple nice pairs

mtbr member
    Ponderosa Hoss.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I have a 42" waist and wear North Face XXL mountain bike shorts. I like them a lot. Before these I used to wear REI's brand, Novara in XXL. The REI brand is a bit more affordable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    ZOIC Black Market Shorts are nice...the include an adjustable belt/strap to adjust the waist.

Amazon.com: Zoic Men's Black Market Bike Shorts with RPL Liner: Sports & Outdoors

XXL = 40 inch waist.. ( and they have a XXXL size ).

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Fox Sergeants or Ranger. They do run a little small sizing wise, but I really like the Fox stuff...

Dropshot Champ!
    check out the north face shorts. There are a couple different kinds but DAMN they fit huge. I'm a 36ish waist and the xl falls off me. The large needs a belt or it would fall off me. The medium almost fits, kinda crazy.

comfiest baggy I've ever worn, and I've worn most of the stuff in this thread.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    these guy's LOVE2PEDAL Bicycle Shorts and Cycling Jerseys from Primal, Falconi, they have falconi shorts i love them i used them from waste 36 alll the wayup to 46 hahah and now back down to 38 and the fit well all the way through

mtbr member
    I alternate between the Aerotech shorts (which I love) and a pair of work out shorts over a Love2Pedal falconi bib. The Aerotech shorts do run a bit small and I think they are a little too tight on the thighs, but the adjusters at the waist are awesome.

The bibs are nice but I find that if I'm doing a trail that requires lots of dismounting and starting and stopping, that penis management becomes an issue inside the bibs. Weiner always seems to be in the wrong position once seated with the bibs on. I believe this is 'cause the falconi bib pad rises higher in the front......?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    I wear Fox Ranger as well as Fox Altitude, and they are awesome shorts. Removable liner, good pockets, and they fit me at 6'2 and 235.
    I"m looking at buying some Fox Altitude Shorts but am unsure on the sizing. I wear 36" Levi 569 jeans and they are really loose. I can put on my old 34" 569's but they fit snugly (I like the looser feel) Would I want to buy 36" Fox shorts? Any recommendation on what size pants you have vs Fox shorts? How have they lasted? I've seen mixed reviews on there durability but I like how they are cut and feel that I would be comfortable in them. Anyone feel free to weigh in.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzil View Post
    I"m looking at buying some Fox Altitude Shorts but am unsure on the sizing. I wear 36" Levi 569 jeans and they are really loose. I can put on my old 34" 569's but they fit snugly (I like the looser feel) Would I want to buy 36" Fox shorts? Any recommendation on what size pants you have vs Fox shorts? How have they lasted? I've seen mixed reviews on there durability but I like how they are cut and feel that I would be comfortable in them. Anyone feel free to weigh in.
    I find some fox shorts fit big (maybe in case of armor?) while some don't. In particular my fox rangers and Sargents fit a bit big, while the fox high voltage shorts fit perfect. I wear size 38 pants, and bought size 38 shorts. The Sargent has a belt loop which I plan on using. The velcro elastic band helps too. I'm a bit dissapointed in the rangers as I find I am always checking to make sure I'm not dealing crack. I think this is because the rangers chamois is attached to the outer shorts and can pull the outer shorts down a bit, especially because the outer doesn't fit snug. I still wear them, but whenever I come to a stop I make sure I hike them up. The sargents and high voltage shorts are great. Their removable chamois has been good so far.

So, in my opinion, stay away from rangers because of the attached chamois, maybe do a size smaller in the Sargents (which are great shorts) or your regular size if you are looking for a loose fit, and high voltage are great with my regular size. If you are in Canada checkout aurora action sports. Free shipping over $150 I think.

Can't comment on durability as I've had them for about a month. Worn each pair 4-5 times. So far so good.

And sorry I don't have any experience with the fox altitude shorts.

mtbr member
    Cool I found some Fox Altitude shorts for 50% off with free shipping and a good return policy. I had looked at Aerotech as well but liked the look of how the Fox were cut better. I just am worried about fit and durability. Thanks for all the help posted in this thread.

EDIT: Ordered Fox Sergeant shorts in 34 tonight hope they fit! Along with some Fox Digit Gloves.
    Last edited by Durzil; 04-12-2012 at 12:44 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I live in the south and it can get pretty hot. So, which shorts are more breathable? Sergeant or altitude?

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    oooh. i need a pair of these. im wearing some cheapo padded spandex things under a pair of swimtrunks and its not working well

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast