mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Clydesdaling my FSR XC-COMP

So I was out of MTB for a while since I tore up my ankle bad , but I recently just got into it again and love it I got a 07 FSR XC COMP for pretty cheap, I am 5 9 240 lb so I wanted to do the mods to make it bombproof i do mostly all mountian riding and some lite freeride just some drops and stuff just like to have fun and ride, So here are the mods what do you guys think..

New Fork - Pike 454 Coil Uturn with 20mm thru axle
    Azonic Outlaw Wheels 36h
    RAce Face Atlas Cranks w/ Ring
    5050 XX Pedals
    Nevegal stickys
    XT derailers, shifters, cassette,chain.
    Shorty Syncros stem, 40mm 660mm Gain Bars, Syncros Seat Post
    Avid Juciy 3's stock
    Chris King Headset

I dont mind doing the mods cause I love the bike and when I am ready I will just get another frame Like a Stumpy Pro or a Turner or Transition, Intense whatever and I will have the parts for it. Thats why i didnt think it was a waste to do the mods. Will post some pice when I get her done..

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    The mods are solid, but beware the frame. It's an XC frame, so I'd take it easy on beating it up.

Brackish
    Second that, my wife had one of those and it's great for what it's made for but showed it's limitations in the freeride arena real quick when she started getting into that stuff with me.

Making fat cool since '71
    When you say light freeride...what do you mean? I say my FR is "light" since my friends really do go large & my idea of light is anything/everything head high-ish (6'3") for straight drops and gaps/jumps a bit bigger if there's a good tranny.

Unless you go big (bigger than I do) that wheelset is heavy, heavy, heavy. I run Rhynolite XL's (32 hole) on my FR/trail bike and don't have issues other than the occassional broken spoke. King hubs on those.

Anywho, have fun buying new toys!

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.