mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Clydesdale riding clubs?

I sometimes ride with other guys who are much lighter and fitter than me so I always get dropped on climbs and feel bad about holding them up. So I've been thinking about setting up a local clydesdale club to get some group rides going. Being able to ride with people as big as me would certainly help with motivation.

Has anyone else done this/tried this? Any tips?

mtbr member
    FInd some less fit lighter guys get them on the down hills thats what I face on my rides.

I Strava Hamburgers
    I try to ride with faster riders as much as possible. It pushes me to be better rather then to stay at the same pace or slow down a bit.

If you're setting up a ride, try joining an already established club in your area, and throw out invites for Clyde rides. Try to set them up for times when other rides aren't happening so you don't interrupt already pre set rides. Then when those rides take place, take some pics, or do something that sets the rides apart or that you can use to make others who sit on the sideline feel like coming out and trying.

Clydes usually stick together. Every once in a while you'll meet a strong clyde who's been cycling for a while and who can keep up with the lighter faster guys. This guy will be essential to your rides, as he'll provide a goalpost for other Clyde/Athena's to strive for.
    My EBB so loud
    I'm mashing...