mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Clydesdale cycling apparel survey

Hi all,

Long time lurker, 1st time poster.

Since getting back into cycling, I've been frustrated by the scarcity of cycling clothes for guys my size. I am currently taking an extension business course, and thought this would be a good topic for a case project. So, as part of the project, I put together a brief survey about clydesdale cycling clothes preferences - if you have a few moments, I'd appreciate if you could help me out by filling it out. I'm posting it in a few different clydesdale forums, and I promise to share the results with the forum once the survey is over.

To take the survey, click here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...jigBwmuQ_3d_3d

Also, if you have any feedback on the survey or the topic, feel free to add it to this thread.

Thanks!
    Spyponder

Glad to Be Alive
    PM GMoney.....he has a company I think called Rocky peak clothing....they make everything special for bigger riders,.....he is also the owner of Simi Cycling
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Are you gonna eat that?
    Is that Simi as in Simi Valley?

You're in the LA area as well aren't you SMT?
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Does Rocky peak clothing have a website? Can't find anything on google.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    It looks like the Rocky Peak domain was taken down recently.

Up to 100 responses on the survey - thanks all for the feedback, and keep 'em coming!

mtbr member

New Zealand Clothing Companies

There are a couple of good options for MTB clothing from the new zealand companies

http://www.groundeffect.co.nz/

http://www.nzoactive.com/

They both ship internationally and make a range of good gear. Im 6'4" and about 240. The NZO stuff fits me well.

Robb

Tree Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyponder
    Thanks but I'll pass. Just who is this spyponder who joins mtbr and immediately conducts a poll?

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I'm a big guy who rides a bike, just like you, I hope you reconsider. I have over 170 responses so far.

I am more active poster at bikeforums, though in general I more of a lurker than a poster. If that's a crime, let me be guilty.

I promise to post more though. Hopefully by the time I have been registered for 1 1/2 years, I will have burned up the forum with over 50 posts like you

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Here's my take.

There are plenty of clothes for tall people who are fat.

There are not, however, plenty of clothes for people who are tall and not fat.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Here's my take.

word.

Are you gonna eat that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Padre
    Here's my take.

Really? I find it's the other way around, for some reason there seems to be a belief that fat people are all short - if you try to find 40" jeans, the inseam is always 30 or 32" which is a good couple of inches shorter than I would like it.

Same goes for t-shirts, they're just not long enough considering they have a big pudge to go over as well.
    Due to a lack of interest, tomorrow has been canceled

willtsmith_nwi
    Wear the spandex. Be proud. Baggies are expensive and a weight shift of 5# can easily render them unwearable.