mtbr member
    Dec 2008

Clydes on a Santa Cruz LT??

I bought a "for now" frame this winter, I killed my hardtail this winter. I have always "dreamed" of a Santa Cruz. I am saving money for a better F/S frame. I don't know if I should keep dreaming of the SC or if I should look at something else. The LBS around me all have frames I could never break, just ask them. One almost had me sold on a Felt frame, until the mechanic that rebuilt my rims told me to run.

I am 240lbs, not getting much lighter. I ride in New England, rocks, roots, rain, snow, mud, uphills and down.

Thanks for feedback on pedals!!!! I can't take riding buddy putting more staples in my ankle after breaking spindles. Army SF Medic friends are good to have, but their bedside manner sucks.

err, 27.5+
    I had a first rev Blur LT. It was not clydesdale friendly. Ended up ditching it after about 6 months. With little abuse I had managed to bend some pivot hardware and wear out several bearings. It also came equiped with a dhx air (latest and greatest shock at the time). Between frame reliability and poor shock choice it was just not a great clyde bike.

I have to say that the rev2 LT looks all business. They have beefed it up like a nomad and offer free bearings should they go out. Put an rp3 on it and tune it for a clyde and you may just have a winner.

I am back on a Heckler, it is very clyde friendly. I am still debating on keeping air sprung or putting a coil on it. I actually like the air shock on it for pedaling, but it does blow through travel some. If I keep the air on it I will get the air shock tuned for my weight and the frame.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Members who have read this thread: 0