Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    2012 Giant XTC 2 29er
    6' 220 lbs geared
    Bike was completely rebuilt this winter, everything is new except the frame. i went all out this time
    Every part of the bike was thought out for stength, stopping power and looks, right down to the gold rotor bolts. No one may notice them but I know they are there and thats what counts, I am so happy with the rebuild can hardly wait to ride it in the spring. Rebuilt the GF bike as well, been a busy winter.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    2012 Specialized Camber Comp 29er
    6'3" 290lbs
    Just added a Gravity Dropper Seat post and went tubeless. Everything else is stock

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    hola podras subir mas fotos de tu bici 22"? quiero comprar una pero no se si comprar la talla 22 o 20 y quisiera ver como se ve en talla 22 podrias por favor subir mas fotos. de varios angulos? gracias de verdad muchas fracias.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    puedes subir mas fotos? es que quiero comprar una pero no se si talla 22 o 20 yo mido 6 3"

mtbr member
    2013 Trek/Gary Fisher Superfly Elite AL. 325 naked as a jay bird
    Chances are .. You're full of !$@&?

mtbr member
    Aluminum version of the Motobecane Fantom Pro X9 size XL. Im 6'4 260.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    6'4' 320 ride a specialized hardrock 29er and have had nothing but problems with the drive train all of it replaced and upgraded still having problems I bought a cheap bike not knowing how much I was going to ride 9 months 2000 miles later my bike is at the shop every other week

mtbr member

Re: clydes that ride a 29er.... what are you riding?

I'm 5'11" and roughly 225 geared. I was running a XTC 2, but passed it over to the wife and now ride a rigid franken ss with surly knard up front and ardent 2.4 out back rolling
    on p35s.
    Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    2012 Specialized Camber Pro 29.6'3" 215lbs.Used to be 290lbs!Mavic wheels,XT brakes,Thomson seat post and stem.S-works bar.

mtbr member
    6ft 240. My 29er is a Kona Kahuna dl. I had to upgrade the x5 crankset to a x7 after a hard crash.
    Going rigid so I ordered a whiskey no9 fork to try out.

mtbr member
    I weigh 280 plus gear, 2012 Specialized Camber 29er.
    The only changes I have made are swapping the big ring for a bash guard, and adding a dropper post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails clydes that ride a 29er.... what are you riding?-dsc00108.jpg  

mtbr member
    How is your rumblefish holding up?

mtbr member
    how does the yeti handle your size? i'm at 300lbs and this is one of the bikes i'm thinking of?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'm knocking over trees on an Access Stealth 4.0. Everything is stock for the moment, but I am having a new set of wheels laced up as the ones that came with it are not meant for a clyde.

*UPDATE* I'm rocking a new set of Flow EX rims! I still need to baptize them in dirt, and plan on doing that today!!!

clydes that ride a 29er.... what are you riding?-photo.jpg
    Last edited by tessai4; 09-26-2013 at 09:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Banshee Paradox 22"/XL

It's a little small bit hasnt been a problem yet.

Custom build, Rockshox Revelation RCT3 fork, Hope Pro2/Pacenti DL31 wheelset, Shimano XT 2x10 group.

mtbr member
    clydes that ride a 29er.... what are you riding?-image-1-.jpeg

I'm 6'4" 205-210 + gear. Ride a 2011 Trek/Fisher HiFi Plus 29r size XL/21" seat tube. SRAM X7 drive train, Juicy 3 brakes. Stock Bontrager SSR wheels (shimano hubs). 100mm travel. Upgrades: Wider Bars, ODI grips, KS 125mm dropper post, Kenda Nevgal tires, WTB Pure seat.
    Rims have held up well as has suspension (Rock Shox Reba RL and Fox RP2). Brakes are noisy and get out of alignment easily. Overall I am very happy with the bike. I ride it hard and it has held up well.

Typically ride So Cal rocky/dusty trails with small drops. Lots of up, lots of down, not much horizontal. Bike is a good climber, better with pro-pedal engaged going up. A bit heavy, but that has a lot to do with heavy wheels and tubes and XL frame size.

I recommend it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    i'm widdit.
    Looks good.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    6'2" 280 geared, ride a large sized diamondback overdrive sport. Had it a couple of weeks, 150 miles, no problems. Well, something up front is making a noise I don't like, but it is all good.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    I'm just over 6'1" on a '13 Giant XTC-2 29er. L frame size. I'm about 210lbs. Nice bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    6'2", 325#, I ride the Airborne Guardian 29 (20"). Have had no issues with the frame, fork, or drivetrain.. and I don't baby it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    6'7. 190lbs or so without gear -- so tall, but I guess I'm not QUITE a Clyde any more.

Ride a 2012 Trek X-Caliber that I bought as a left over earlier this year. So far, all I've done is swap out the grips for the Ergon GX1s; loving the little climbers for road hills. Running a set of H2s for some road training most of the time.

About to order Shimano XT brakes for it; I'm already done with the Avid's and (based on everything I've read on here) I suspect I'm not going to get them sorted.

Loving the bike. Feel so much less folded up than on my 2001 21" Kona Caldera, though it seems that had better components, honestly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by expat_brit View Post
    6'7. 190lbs or so without gear -- so tall, but I guess I'm not QUITE a Clyde any more.

Ride a 2012 Trek X-Caliber that I bought as a left over earlier this year. So far, all I've done is swap out the grips for the Ergon GX1s; loving the little climbers for road hills. Running a set of H2s for some road training most of the time.

About to order Shimano XT brakes for it; I'm already done with the Avid's and (based on everything I've read on here) I suspect I'm not going to get them sorted.

Loving the bike. Feel so much less folded up than on my 2001 21" Kona Caldera, though it seems that had better components, honestly.

6'7" is more than enough to be a Clydes!!!!

mtbr member

Re: clydes that ride a 29er.... what are you riding?

6'0" all geared up. Rode and loved my Heckler until it was stolen. Now riding a Trance X0 29er.... What a great bike!!

Pic from tonight

Sent from Aclakey's Android in the great outdoors.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    I am currently 6' and 205 lbs. down from 275 in February of this year. I am now riding a '13 Specialized Stumpjumper HT Comp size Large. I have only owned this ride for about 3 months now. I was riding a Carve Comp before, but it was stolen out of my garage. The Stumpjumper is a great bike for my local trails. Unfortunately for me, I have to drive about 20 minutes from my house to get to any decent off road riding. Therefore, I only get to ride the Stumpjumper on the weekends. I have about 150 miles on it so far. Compaired to my road bike, Roubiax, which is only a month older and is about to turn over 2,000 miles in 4 months.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    6'2, 245lbs dressed.

20" Airborne Seeker

Yes, the seat pack has been ditched. Brachial Plexus injury has me wary of wearing packs, but I take my chances now.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast