Thread: OR clydes?

Making fat cool since '71

OR clydes?

How many clydes here from OR? I don't really like admitting it, but my fitness blows (pretty much...). Riding took a backseat for a while and well, you know how it goes. I'm doing what I can with riding (every weekend on the trails and stationary/road during the week), but would like to ride with others more often.

My point of this is to try to get a group of like minded riders of the larger size that maybe want to ride as a group when possible. At worst we ride bikes, burn calories and have fun. At best we ride bikes, burn calories and discover a really good deli on the way home and have fun.

I live in the Cottage Grove area, but work for the moment in Salem so my options/availability can be both limited. On the other hand, since I am already in Salem several days per week, once the day-light allows it would open up options in the north valley without adding any miles/time for me personally which is cool. Anywho, thoughts/interests? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. We would start "small" (term used "lightly", I should stop...) and see what happens. I'm riding Sunday somewhere near Eugina/CG if anyone is interested.

Kraig...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    I am often in the Dallas area during the summer doing dog training. I would be up to riding the trails down there. I just got my new 5 Spot built up and am itching to ride. Ewgene is a bit to far with kid commitment but somewhere inbetween would work.

I see spots...

Quote Originally Posted by jmac1911
    I am often in the Dallas area during the summer doing dog training. I would be up to riding the trails down there. I just got my new 5 Spot built up and am itching to ride. Ewgene is a bit to far with kid commitment but somewhere inbetween would work.
    I only have about 120 miles on my new Spack (RFX/6 Pack front w/Spot rear). It's long (as compared to my Heckler, but rides nice. I've only had one switchback give me any issues, weird, sort of. My only "regret" is I didn't wait for the anodized (4 weeks out versus two days for the white PC). I'm glad I got the XL frame although I don't think I needed the set-back post...

I don't know jack about the trails in the Dallas area, but I'm down to ride whatever comes up. Let me know when you want to ride. Most weekends are OK for me, give or take the odd "thing" that comes up. I'd like to ride Falls City (?) I think it's called some day. It sounds fun. Take care and enjoy the sun while it lasts.

Kraig...

Law
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    How many clydes here from OR? I don't really like admitting it, but my fitness blows (pretty much...). Riding took a backseat for a while and well, you know how it goes. I'm doing what I can with riding (every weekend on the trails and stationary/road during the week), but would like to ride with others more often.

My point of this is to try to get a group of like minded riders of the larger size that maybe want to ride as a group when possible. At worst we ride bikes, burn calories and have fun. At best we ride bikes, burn calories and discover a really good deli on the way home and have fun.

I live in the Cottage Grove area, but work for the moment in Salem so my options/availability can be both limited. On the other hand, since I am already in Salem several days per week, once the day-light allows it would open up options in the north valley without adding any miles/time for me personally which is cool. Anywho, thoughts/interests? Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated. We would start "small" (term used "lightly", I should stop...) and see what happens. I'm riding Sunday somewhere near Eugina/CG if anyone is interested.

Kraig...

I am in Portland, too bad. I think it would be great to hook up with fellow guys with a spare tire, looking to get in better shape, but more to have fun. Good luck!

mtbr member
    So am I, In PDX that is, I just go down to Dallas to do dog stuff (my other hobby).

When possible it would be cool to hook up and ride though. I'm usually good to meet somewhere. It sounds like the Dallas/Salem area has some good stuff and it's sort of in the middle of Eugina and Portland. If you guys ever want to do something in the Oakridge area (tons of groovy trails) let me know. I'm sure we can find something to your liking. Also, if you know of a "must" ride in your neck of the woods I'm always up to finding new places to ride (and I have family in Portland I can always visit). Have a good weekend. Lots of us are going to be in the Sister's area this weekend camping/riding...

Kraig...

Law
    45 gone, 15 to go
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaKlyde
    When possible it would be cool to hook up and ride though. I'm usually good to meet somewhere. It sounds like the Dallas/Salem area has some good stuff and it's sort of in the middle of Eugina and Portland. If you guys ever want to do something in the Oakridge area (tons of groovy trails) let me know. I'm sure we can find something to your liking. Also, if you know of a "must" ride in your neck of the woods I'm always up to finding new places to ride (and I have family in Portland I can always visit). Have a good weekend. Lots of us are going to be in the Sister's area this weekend camping/riding...

Kraig...
    Starting Memorial Day weekend thru the end of the next week, a few of us will be near Sisters, in Black Butte Ranch. My wife's family has had a home there for like 30+ years. We will be doing some riding, lots of riding that week. Any good rides recommendations would be great. I have been on a few although I can't remember their names. One started just outside of Sisters (that one was kind of boring but pretty), another I parked near some spot called Snow Park or something. It was about 11 miles I think outside of Sisters, to the south-ish if I remember right. That one was pretty good. I also rode from Black Butte ranch to a lake that is several miles south and then around the lake. I am really bad with names, especially since I am not from Oregon, and we have only been here a year or two. Mckensie River Trail is the main ride for this next trip.

Have fun in Sisters! Stay away from that Rancho Grande mexican food place....it hurt me real bad last time. I was up for hours waiting for my gut to calm down.