mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Clydes on a '10 Ti Fly Team MB?

Are thea re any of the larger brethren that have ridden or currently ride a Ti Fly Team 29er? I have been spying one and was curious about bigger dudes' experiences

i come in at 6'5 240ish...

thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Can't comment on the Ti but I'm loving my Al Fantom Pro 29er. If you can find a Ti in stock grab it, they seem to go as quick as Mike gets them in and posts a link on the BD facebook page.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    my LBS had one of the 26er ti fly's in for some work and I asked my shop buddy what he thought... his thoughts he proceeded to show me the massive amounts of flex at the BB... also doesn't have much tire clearance... as pretty as it is and as great of a price as it is it wouldn't work for me as a clyd...

your millage may varry
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    How clydse-ish are ya if i can ask? I found a used 2010 Ti Fly Team for a screamin deal....almost too good to pass up,,,

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    i'm around 300... but my LBS buddy is a tall skinny bean pole and well under 200 and is able to get it to move all about.

at your weight it WILL flex at the BB... but if the price is right you might pick it up just to satisfy your curiosity... you can always sell it if you don't like it (or steal the parts kit off, sell the frame and build up another frame...)
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    That is my thought after reading your post...I think i could actually make money of it if i resold it ...hopefully i will like it as is though..i WAS going to get an AL frame... i should be picking it up TH

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    i'm sorta in your situation... i'm looking at a bit of an oddball bike and I'm right in between sizes... I like it enough that I figure I'll gamble with what the shop has in stock (with a good enough deal) and if I don't like it I'll sell the frame and swap the kit...

if nothing you can say that you tried it and didn't like it...

on a side note... the ti is pretty ... and you'll forever get to brag that you had a ti bike for a little while.
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    this is the list of the parts on the bike

XL 21" titanium frame - I removed the decals
    Rock Shox Reba Race fork 100mm
    Easton Monkey Lite Carbon Bars
    Sram XO 9speed shifter and derailleur
    XT crankset and cassette
    Avid Juicy Ultimate Brakes
    Mach1 Rims with XT hubs