Thread: Clyde Shorts

mtbr member
    Aug 2009

Clyde Shorts

So been looking for a new pair of shorts and having a tough go of it. I bought the Fox Rangers size 42, and the waist fit, but the overall feel is fairly tight. Same deal with the Zoic Esther XXL. I use to have a pair of Fox Sergeants 42 that fit nicely, but I ripped them. Any ideas?

mtbr member
    Personally I wear bike shorts under whatever baggy shorts I want to wear...but generally I use Starter brand running shorts from Walmart. Works great. Otherwise...maybe check this place out...

http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/baggy_bike_shorts.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycle151 View Post
    Friggin' coward. Give me a red chiclet instead of debating like a man. You don't deserve your green blocks.

mtbr member
    I picked up some baggys from Performance Bike, but I'm kinda thinking of grabbing a bib and wearing shorts and shirt over it.. Don't like the feel of the shorts I got... the waist keeps sliding down as I ride and just gets uncomfy. Have to stop and pull em back up. heh.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Yea, I normally rock the adidas shorts, just was looking for something that woudl stand up better to crashes. If I was a a few sizes less, I would grab those Troy lee moto shorts, those are great looking. Also, I am not a pad wearing type of guy

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Two words: Banana Hammock

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    I picked up some riding shorts from Eastern Mountain Sports. They fit awesome which kinda surprised me a little but they were expensive $75ea. They usually have coupons online but I ran in there on a whim to just check out the store.

I wear a 38 in pants/jeans but my waist is really a 36 but I buy my pants bigger to fit over my ass and thighs. I bought the XL version in the shorts and I had a good amount of room to spare in the waist. The shorts run up to XXL so any of you guys in the 40-44" area will probably fit them.
    Pedaling Gorilla

mtbr member
    I bought some Pearl Izumi's (I think the model was called "elite") and have never been more satisfied with an article of clothing! Very very comfortable, lot's of well-place pockets.
    The liner comes out quite easily and can be worn with cargo or b-ball shorts. The shell is made of some real flexible material and is so comfy that I wear them as casual shorts.
    I wear 38-40" pants. Since the sizes cross over at 40", I bought a pair of XL and a pair of XXL. The waist is adjustable- so when the XXL's are tightened all the way they are the same size as the XL's let out all the way.
    The retail on these is $79. I got them for $35 on Ebay but even at full price I feel they would be a great deal. Like most things in biking, you get what you pay for.
    The only other shorts I have tried were Fox. Rangers I think. They got the job done but weren't outstanding. The Izumi's made riding a noticably better experience.