Thread: Clyde shorts

Baton Rouge, LA

Clyde shorts

What are some baggy style shorts that some of y'all are wearing? Need a 38" waist....something loose fitting and comfortable on my junk. Want something that wicks away moisture well. Warm climate here in Louisiana, so thermal features aren't really needed.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I've been riding w/the Zoic ROTY shorts, and I like em quite a bit.

They have a padded chamois/saddle underwear insert, which is a bit odd to get used to, but definately increases comfort after/during long rides, and keeps the fiddly bits from getting caught on the saddle when reseating/falling/etc.

Fat Tire Fatty
    Oct 2006
    I use the Hoss Ponderosa's in size XXL (6'1" 240, 38" waist). Check them out of at www.hossmtb.com. They offer a lot of size options for us clydes.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    OK, this might be a useless post, but I'll put it out there anyway. I bought a pair of baggy shorts at Dick's Sporting goods that actually have regular spandex shorts (road riding style) sewn right inside and the seat is slightly padded, but with a man made material. I wonder if anyone else is using shorts of this type. I really like them, but I think that maybe I could use the next size up. I just checked, and these shorts are made by Canari.