meatheadboy
    Aug 2006

clyde & Manitou Minute 3?

Any clydes running this fork? I was hoping to have a new fork several months ago but haven't had the $400 for a Reba with the bells and whistles I want. I've seen a couple of place where i can get an '06 Minute 3 for $250 delivered. The reviews for this fork seem pretty good, i was just curious if any clydes are riding them and what their experiences with them are.

Thanks!

Old Fart

Clydes & Minute 3

Quote Originally Posted by johnhugo71
    if any clydes are riding them and what their experiences with them are.

Thanks!
    I have ridden one for about a year now. XC only, but fairly aggressively ridden. So far I'm happy.
    If you say gullible slowly enough it sounds like "oranges"

Former Bike Wrench
    Haven't ridden one, but I do know the 2006 Minute has 32mm upper tubes (previous years ran 30mm uppers) so it should be plenty stiff for a QR fork.

mtbr member
    I run the '05 :03 w/ QR's, and was really happy except for some sway issues-

purchased a '06 w/ Thru Axel and have had great luck.

I really like the minute line.....picked up the '06 from greenfish- black stanchions w/ grey lowers- looks sweet with hutchinson UST spiders w/ grey sidewalls!

BTW- I have demo'd the '07 20mmTA Minute 140mm, and though really nice, could not justify spending the extra $450 (total of $600) for it- the only difference to me was the extra 10mm of travel. I paid $259 for the '06 delivered.

I weigh #280 dressed to ride....main pressure 200psi, SPV 130psi on both forks (used the first one as a guide). The '05 was a IT Platinum model, and I never used the IT function once- the '07 is a Super SPV- the SPV is a great thing. Zero Issues. It is a little plush when the SPV valve opens, but most folks would like it that way. It is plenty firm when the SPV is closed....w/ the TA it sticks like magic to whatever line I choose - rockgardens and roots are a lot easier and precise than using the QR fork.

My wife's bike now sports the 05 :03. She digs it too.

meatheadboy
    Aug 2006
    sweet, thanks guys! I'll probably pull the trigger here in the next couple of weeks!

Nim
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Where for 250 delivered?

Quote Originally Posted by johnhugo71
    Any clydes running this fork? I was hoping to have a new fork several months ago but haven't had the $400 for a Reba with the bells and whistles I want. I've seen a couple of place where i can get an '06 Minute 3 for $250 delivered. The reviews for this fork seem pretty good, i was just curious if any clydes are riding them and what their experiences with them are.

Thanks!
    Website please

mtbr member
    I just switched over a month ago to a '06 Minute 3 (100mm travel version). $250 from Greenfish.

So far, I've been very impressed. But then again, I'm a lightweight at 240.

Of course, only time will tell as to the longevity of the fork.