Just wanted to spread the word... Upgraded my '06 Jamis Durango to some new stuff and wanted to let the community know what I have found. Have about 100 miles on the parts so far and cant complain.

For perspective: 6'5" 285lbs... (I like to say meaty) Ride single track exclusively, climbs, root drops wooded areas sugar sand and lately mud. Relatively new but getting bolder and bolder.

SRAM deraileurs X.9 rear and X-Gen front: First uprgade after I ditched the suntour XC and SRAM X.5. Taking the beating, with my mass I can really produce bursts (short) of torque, only complaint is they didnt like the chainline the stock Truvativ ISOFLOW (crap) crank had and tended to rub on the cage in low-low. or high-high conditions. Very happy now with the new crank...Shimano XT M760. Wow is all I can say. Sram 950 Cassette and stock chain from Sram.

Shimano XT crankset Hollow Tech 2: STIFF. Heard the rings are soft, but looks like wear is normal so far. Not a spinner like the skinny guys, I ride like a hummer through a boulder garden. Slow and heavy, take the torque dont deflect. After about 200 miles on the old Truvativ I sent the bearings to bearing hell. Good item but not for someone like me. Fixed chainline issues.

Panaracer Cinder 2.25: Front and back to replace the Hutchinson 2.1 scorpions. Very plush tire, more grip than I know what to do with, doesnt let me quit easily on rooty rock climbs, just hangs in unlike the scorpions. Play with pressures and you shall be rewarded. In the wet run low, in the dry run high. Very plush, did I mention they were plush?

This is not me attempting to be a parts expert. Just letting some clydes out there know what works for me. I am very much beginner level but making that transition now and feel that these parts will give me the durability I need to make those bold moves on the dirt.

IF this helps you great. IF it offends you I apologize for not buying what you bought. Ride on CLYDE.

Disclaimer: All reviews are subjective and lack empirical data to substantiate. Control is blind and an illusion we all suffer from.

Durango