mtbr member

Clyde Friendly Dropper Seat Post

I am considering purchasing a dropper seatpost and I am curious if there is a clyde friendly model out there, I am 250lbs.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I am using the reverb and I weigh 295. No issues so far knock on wood. There's a really big guy on the rase black mamba and he says it working great for him

mtbr member
    I have joplin R and it's really not Clyde friendly @230. If I hit the seat hard it will rotate backwards... very annoying.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Second the Joplin. I am looking at the KS 950 I think. I have a friend with one and it is better than the Joplin. You can pick the bike up by the seat and the seat does not wiggle.

mtbr member
    I'm 240 and I've been on an the same original Gravity Dropper for almost 7 years. It's hard to go wrong with this thing. No seals to blow or air to leak out. Easy to fix trail side. I would recommend it to anyone. Even us clydes!

Josh
    Now living in Denver, CO.
    My bikes:
    11' Ibis Mojo HD
    08' Iron Horse Sunday WC

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
    I am using the reverb and I weigh 295. No issues so far knock on wood. There's a really big guy on the rase black mamba and he says it working great for him
    How long have you been using the Reverb?

mtbr member
    I use the Kind Shock i950-R.

I had to use some carbon past instead of grease to prevent slippage, and it makes a bit of a creaking noise on the saddle clamp every once in a while, but otherwise it's completely solid and trouble-free.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate3510 View Post
    about 2 months

mtbr member
    May 2009
    After years of lurking I am moved to post on dropper seatposts as I feel very strongly about them. I have 2 gravity droppers Turbo posts with a single 3" drop and have weighed from #320 down to #265. I was told that the single drop with the cable facing backwards was the most durable so thats what I do. I rebuild them about once a year by sending them back to the company but I bet I could go longer between services. They wiggle a bit but have never failed me. They also work great in cold weather. The company is great to work with. No complaints. Good luck!

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate3510 View Post

Just ordered a gravity dropper! :-(

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsbnt View Post
    After years of lurking I am moved to post on dropper seatposts as I feel very strongly about them. I have 2 gravity droppers Turbo posts with a single 3" drop and have weighed from #320 down to #265. I was told that the single drop with the cable facing backwards was the most durable so thats what I do. I rebuild them about once a year by sending them back to the company but I bet I could go longer between services. They wiggle a bit but have never failed me. They also work great in cold weather. The company is great to work with. No complaints. Good luck!

That is exactly what I purchased. The Turbo with the cable facing backwards with the 3" drop is amazing!! I love it!! At first I didnt think the 3" would be enough but after I got it out on the trail it's more then enough. IMO for a clyde the Gravity Dropper is the way to go.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Just ordered the gravity dropper after doing some research and talking to the guys at Gravity dropper. I asked them about weight limits and or any issues. And they were pretty positive that I wouldn;t have any issues. I'm around 320lbs. Only 2 good rides so far but seems solid. I got the 4" drop with 1" adjustment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I`m pondering this same question.........
    Looking at either the Gravity Dropper 4 inch multi position, or the Kind Shock i7r.

Hummmmmmmmmm.

Any dislikes about either? Why?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    I`m pondering this same question.........
    Looking at either the Gravity Dropper 4 inch multi position, or the Kind Shock i7r.

Hummmmmmmmmm.

Any dislikes about either? Why?
    I have had my gravity dropper out on several rides now and no complaints what so ever. It is a great post and I have no regrets at all. One thing that I read before purchasing it was that there is a very small amount of play and this is true but it is not noticiable at all while riding.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Glad that you`re happy with the GD purchase. There is something to be said for it`s simplicity.
    What kind of riding do you do?

I have a Chromag HT for AM use that I want a adj. seat post for.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spokerider View Post
    Glad that you`re happy with the GD purchase. There is something to be said for it`s simplicity.
    What kind of riding do you do?

I have a Chromag HT for AM use that I want a adj. seat post for.
    Living in northern california I have easy access to all types of trals and I ride them all from trails in Auburn, downieville (made it twice this year hoping to get one more ride in), mammoth, to annandale. I like to do all types of riding which is one of the main reasons I bought the gravity dropper because I am a one bike guy so my bike has to be versatile.