Thread: clipless pedals

mtbr member
    May 2012

clipless pedals

Was getting the bike tuned up a few weeks ago and the shop had some shoes in my size at a steep discount (guess 14 isn't a popular size), so went clipless. They warned me, "you'll only have trouble coming out of them at busy intersections and in font of friends". Put about 100 miles on em so far, 1 or 2 semi close calls with no one looking,but today it happened, right in front of my bank. Clipped out and was coming to a stop and didn't realize my left foot had clipped back in.

Resident Gear Head
    It has happened to all of us, I did it last week and fell right on a cactus, yep, right on my left booty cheek
    2 Hands Working Do More Than 1000 Hands Praying

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    welcome to the club ... I went clipless back in the late mid 90's... I didn't fall once because of them (I can't say the same about the toe clips I used before)... er not for almost 10 years... and wouldn't you know it I was pulling up to a stop with a group of friends I was riding with and WHAM... over I went.

I still can't imagine riding without them... my knees start to bother me if I goto cages for to long as its so much like riding a pedal without any float.
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Rofl just did it again, 2 days in a row. This time at a stop sign with both feet clipped in, no camera on the bike today though. At least I had enough sense about me to just roll over and fall on my back this time instead of trying to fight it and fall on my elbow again. Guess on the bright side after 200 miles I've finally fallen off the bike, kinda takes what little fear of that I had out of the equation.

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    this is the best sort of fall you can have... it's when you are moving at a high rate of speed that it really starts to hurt... loosing skin sucks :-/
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie