mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Camelbaks for taller guys?

Subject basically says it all.. I am 6'5.. Don't have much of an opportunity to try things on. Do the Camelbak Mayhem and some of those packs work well for taller guys? Is there a model that works for taller guys pretty well that you guys are happier with?

banned
    Try the Wingnut Hyper 3.0. It is designed to sit low on the back to better distribute weight and it has wing pockets on the sides to put crap in. It can be adjusted for just about anyone and is virtually indestructable. I have one and prefer it to any Camelback. You will have to buy a bladder but those are cheap and just about anyone will fit

Double-metric mtb man
    A lot of them are fairly adjustable (then again, at 6', I don't need the same adjustment range).

Personally, I made my own using a bladder compatible day pack I picked up at MEC...I've now basically got a Mule but with a layout I prefer and I can run just shy of 200 oz of fluids if I go on a long ride.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Some of the much older models were not super tall/clyde friendly, but both the H.A.W.G. and the Rocket fit me fine at 6'5".

T

I'm 6'8"

use a M.U.L.E. with no problems.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I emailed Camelbak and Hydrapak with the same question. Camelbak suggests their Asymetrix 30 daypack as a good hydration pack for big guys. Hydrapak recommends their Glacier and Big Sur packs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm 6'3" tall, but have a super-long torso (I only have a 30" inseam, when it should be at least two or four inches longer) and have a Camelbak M.U.L.E. and it fits me well enough. I like Camelbak's D-Link system of the straps mounting, helps me get a fit that is just right. Mind you, the shoulder straps are maxed out to full-length, but everything fits fine.

I'm also quite impressed with all the little details with the M.U.L.E as well, nice step up from the hydro backpack I had before. Bomb-proof construction, get the Camelbak, fits me well...and I feel your pain trying to find backpacks for taller backs....sometimes Tall packs don't fit me right either....

tim

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    +1 on the MULE. i'm 6'5 and i just got mine this week and it's great!

gravity fighter
    6'2" with a MULE here, love it!

Flaccid Member
    6' 5" with a Lobo, tastes great! less filling!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyBoy
    6' 5" with a Lobo, tastes great! less filling!
    i am 6'5" and i use the lobo as well. no problems. if anything i wish the tube from the bladder to the bite valve was a little shorter. it is a pain stuffing the slack in te back.

Captain Underpants
    I'm 6'3" (a shortie) and use the LOBO. Seems fine, fit wise.