mtbr member
    May 2005

CAAD 5 66cm on eBay came and went....rambling

So by chance I found this nicely spec'd 66cm C5 on eBay yesterday, then spent the next 4 hours trying to decide if I really needed a road bike. Big frames are not easy to come by, but I already ride my mountain bikes 3-4 days / week, work out other days and windsurf whenever the conditions are good.
    Being on the fence, I let it slip away and it sold for around $1200, which I think was a great price considering the condition + components and now I'm going through a bit of non-buyer's remorse......guess I need to do my work emails now and go ride before it gets too hot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...EPuEmLUek%253D

mtbr member
    I saw that but didnt have the cash up front. Those Cannondale 66cm frames are weird though, they're only as long as most 62cm frames.

Very reminiscent of 80s bicycles with longer seattubes than toptubes, ie my 65cm Raleigh Technium, 65cm ST 61cm TT. That Cannondale is a 66cm ST, 61cm ST.

Soma makes a really nice Smoothie ES in a 66cm, but with almost identical dimensions to the Cdale. Personally I'm stoked about building a 62cm Double Cross DC within the month. Disc brake road bike, just as long as that Cannondale but with a lower toptube, more exposed seat tube, a few more spacers in the front.