Thread: Bike Parks?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Bike Parks?

Hello...Im a clyde. 6'2" 300 lbs. I will mostly be riding fire roads, basic single track until my skils improve and i lose about 100 lbs. I love watching all the downhill/ freeride vids here and on youtube. I dont think I will ever attempt the same things I see the much smaller/ twitchier riders pull off at mach 3, whether extreme speed or extreme air, but i do want to ride parks such as Tahoe, Whistler etc. I guess what im asking is, any of you guys go to bike parks and ride down hill?

Big Test Icycles
    Hey I know where you are comming from. I'm in the mid 200s and do ride at Whistler. The good thing about these bike parks is that most of the green and blue runs have "B" lines around the big jumps or you can just roll over them if you dont want to get as much air. My MTBR name is sort of a joke on that issue because I try not to get air, I dont need a busted spleen at my age. The one thing I can tell you is that for park riding you will need a bike that can take it. It sounds like you have done some research in this aree. Once you hit Whistler you WILL be hooked.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Jschmoe,
    just caught your thread. Hangtime is right, bring the appropriate gear and a have fun vs. look-cool attitude and you will be golden. I'm 6'2 250 and have ridden bike parks for years spending a fair amount of time on my butt. Just remember that everyone starts somewhere and every rider on the hill has been a beginner unaccustomed to the speed, terrain, and features. So be courteous, safe, and aware of faster riders; butt don't feel like you are in the way for taking the time to check out obstacles or riding the mountain at a speed that feels comfortable to you. In no time you will be riding at a higher level then you probably think you are capable of and totally hooked!

Members who have read this thread: 0