mtbr member
    Jun 2006

New question here. Is Bike Beefy Enough?

Well, as other newb's I want to post a question. I purchased a new specialized 06 fsr xc comp. My first fs and am wondering. I am about 5'7" and I weigh about 215 and when doing some light off road (ie 4 wheeler trails through woods n stuff) am I too heavy for the stock shocks that I have? Rock Shox tora 318 air and the x-fusion rc air?
    I have not done alot of off road, but my boys are old enough now that we are starting to have a blast out there and want to make sure that I don't snap something while we are having fun. Thanks for any advice/information
    Marty

mtbr member
    215# is barely Clydesdale. Most OE shocks will take lads up to 275#. You're fine. Wait until something happens to your shock or fork before replacing anything. If you have coil or elastomer sprung dampers you may want to look for a heavier spring or denser bumper.
    Professional Amateur. Disagree? Submit your grievances here.

Glad to Be Alive
    just get heavier springs/coils
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Thanks for the info. I really enjoy being with the kids and would not want to do something I shouldn't be doing unless things were beefier. I need to get used to the bike more I guess and ask LBS more questions.