Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    Quote Originally Posted by 307local View Post
    Pic of a fun feature in the desert of green river, wy and a short video of a playful logride in Queenstown, NZ on my way too small for me Bronson.

(and yes, at 6'8", 225 lb, 39.5" inseam, I am currently looking into getting a bike that actually fits)

Attachment 1164764

https://www.facebook.com/brad.schunk...4262512387703/
    I see a XXL hightower or hightower LT in your future. I'm on an XXL tallboy and it's amazing to have a bike fit me.
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    it's on my list. Want to check out the hightower, the tallboy, and the GG smash and trail pistol. I'm not sure I need the long travel. My drop comfort zone is realistically limited to the 2.5-3' range at my upper limit.

Ride Fast Take Chances :)
    I run the tallboy with a 130mm fork and a 200mm dropper. It will handle almost anything I throw at it. Having the seat disappear lets you shift your weight around on the really steep stuff and jumps. I also run a CC inline rear shock and it transformed the rear of the bike. The front is so long on the new bikes that the ratio to the chain stay length gets out of wack. I was having to shift my weight way forward on flatter corners or the front wanted to wash out. Just swapped out the fork CSU from 51mm to 44mm offset and it made the bike more balanced and stable. Highly recommend a smaller fork offset for riders our size.
    FYI i'm just over 6'4" , 36 inseam and 185lb
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-17434899_10211307330214982_8613354061673787837_o.jpg
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-20170831_133959.jpg
    Making shit harder than it needs to be isn't awesome, it's just...harder.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 307local View Post
    it's on my list. Want to check out the hightower, the tallboy, and the GG smash and trail pistol. I'm not sure I need the long travel. My drop comfort zone is realistically limited to the 2.5-3' range at my upper limit.
    I'm 6'6" 37 inch inseam.. im on a XL GG Pedalhead in 27.5 plus and its great. I even saw somone in the GG section that was 6'8" or 6'9" and GG made him an even bigger frame from their XL's
    Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead XL

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMDirtFace View Post
    I'm 6'6" 37 inch inseam.. im on a XL GG Pedalhead in 27.5 plus and its great. I even saw somone in the GG section that was 6'8" or 6'9" and GG made him an even bigger frame from their XL's
    I know its always possible to meet or see someone taller, but when you're 6'6 and see someone 6'9, how does it feel?

I'm only 6'1 and when I see someone much taller then me, my eyebrow lifts up and I say to myself "Damn, they are tall"
    TREK 2012 Marlin
    TREK 2013 Superfly Comp - Carbon

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HAMP View Post
    I know its always possible to meet or see someone taller, but when you're 6'6 and see someone 6'9, how does it feel?

I'm only 6'1 and when I see someone much taller then me, my eyebrow lifts up and I say to myself "Damn, they are tall"
    It doesn't happen often.
    In college I played some pick up bball games against a ncaa 7 footer.. he dunked on head every play down lol.

mtbr member
    Weird!!! Lol,,,but not as much as when the 5'5" guy is like ,,,oh you mtb ,,,they make a bike that big....lol.....smh

mtbr member
    6'8" 250-260ish, size 17 feet, 7'2" wingspan, XXXXL gloves. BIG! I also have a lot of big friends from my previous career as a professional volleyball player and I am slowly converting them into dirt bags.

I myself have a big of mountain biking from some wreckless years spent downhilling, freeriding, DJing, in college but a lot of my friends have only ridden a mountain bike a handful of times. It is pretty interesting putting a bunch of very large, very athletic, and very competitive individuals on bikes together. Big guys fall hard! I have about 6 severed ligaments in my shoulder and knee to support this theory.

Evan

Glory days in college.
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-cimg0835.jpgBig and Tall Action Pics & Vids-e-lean.jpg

XL Banshee Scream and XL Banshee Morphine
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-p4pb419049.jpg

Ended up blowing up the rear end on the Banshee hitting a stair gap.
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-n3612519_30046377_9001.jpg

Had a XXL Banshee Morphine
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-img_0690.jpg

After years of trail riding a grossly undersized 18" Morphine I made the jump into modern bike tech with a XXL Hightower LT. I find the seat post angle is too slack for me but other than that the bike is a capable and playful beast.
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-img_9932.jpgBig and Tall Action Pics & Vids-img_9938.jpg

The slowly growing big boy biking squad!
    6'8" (me), 6'7", 6'6", 6'1", 6'4", 6'7"
    Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-img_9979.jpg

Here is a little OTB video from a couple years ago

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    This was on our way back from spring break this year at the Mega Cavern. I'm not huge at 6'-4", 240lb but I still feel bad for the bike.

https://photos.smugmug.com/NC-2017/i...Cavern-640.mp4

Super Clyde
    Hit a real ramp yesterday for the first time. I have pulled up on mound jumps on the trail before, but this was my first real ramp. I took it a step further today and went down a mild jump line, with some decent size table tops. No pics or vids of that though, next time.
    Untitled by Brett Valentine, on Flickr
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post
    This was on our way back from spring break this year at the Mega Cavern. I'm not huge at 6'-4", 240lb but I still feel bad for the bike.

Sweet videos man.

Flying Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by Troy Carter View Post

Cool riding spot! Also awesome to see another Clyde on a a Clyde sized bike (fatty). Get yourself some fast rolling tires and pump them to 15psi and you will be able to hold that speed better..

Flying Sasquatch
    Quote Originally Posted by askibum02 View Post
    Hit a real ramp yesterday for the first time. I have pulled up on mound jumps on the trail before, but this was my first real ramp. I took it a step further today and went down a mild jump line, with some decent size table tops. No pics or vids of that though, next time.
    Untitled by Brett Valentine, on Flickr
    Nice man, you gotta start somewhere.

Flying Sasquatch
    I apologize in advance for the low camera angle.

Hardtail fatty (RSD Mayor) on Stormin Mormon at Eagle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Just picked up this trail ninja on Saturday. It's a big step up from my 21 year old $200 Schwinn and I'm loving it. XL Surly Karate Monkey
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-km1.jpg  

Big and Tall Action Pics & Vids-ogate1.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by OfDirt4Dirt View Post
    Just picked up this trail ninja on Saturday. It's a big step up from my 21 year old $200 Schwinn and I'm loving it. XL Surly Karate Monkey
    Congrats!!!

For the bike
    For where ever you are, that you can still ride this time of year. It's getting cold for me, and I don't have a fatbike to ride in the snow or should I say 'On' the snow.
    TREK 2012 Marlin
    TREK 2013 Superfly Comp - Carbon

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    240lbs 6ft down from 300lbs since January.

https://youtu.be/tl9c5wBkrs8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris759 View Post
    240lbs 6ft down from 300lbs since January.

https://youtu.be/tl9c5wBkrs8

Well done...What full suspension bike are you crushing there?

mtbr member
    Mar 2016
    It is a 2017 diamondback catch 2. First full suspention for me. Very happy untill now.

mtbr member
    This video was from 2010 but i'm 6'6" 225 ish... I was on a way too small of bike back then ( a large Reign ). Drop video, I also crashed lol.

https://youtu.be/WbUX7bGZp5s?t=21s

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMNealio View Post
    Cool riding spot! Also awesome to see another Clyde on a a Clyde sized bike (fatty). Get yourself some fast rolling tires and pump them to 15psi and you will be able to hold that speed better..
    Well I have a Specialized P3 DJ bike as well and it rolls much much better than the fat bike no matter what tires/pressure it has. On that same run on the dirt jumper I have to try not to go too fast.

I forgot about this one...this is at the Cannonsburg ski area in Michigan.

https://carterimaging.smugmug.com/Bicycles/i-d22bPCR/A

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 152