mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Big guys mtb shorts

Hey there! My first post!
    I can't seem to find a pair of freeride shorts ( baggy and padded) that fit me right. I've tried the biggest Hoss shorts which SHOULD have fit according to waist size. We're all striving to be a bit smaller, but until then?? I mostly freeride with a pair of spandex under some board shorts. I am 6'4" and 280 with a 42" waist. Help??!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I wear Canari Velo Gel Cycling Shorts under a pair of baggy cargo's. I got size XL, which is supposed to be up to 38 waist but fit my 42" waist. The Canari Canyons are the same but they're short and I prefer my own cargo shorts.

FYI, I am 6'3 and 286 right now. My leg, mid thigh (about where the short leg ends), is 35" circ currently.

thecentralscrutinizer
    Louis Garneau shorts fit pretty good, but I'm not sure they offer a baggie. An XXL will most definitely work for you.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Scott Scale 710
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I found the Hoss to be sized like road biking gear, that is, move up at least one size from what you normally wear. I usually fit fine into XL shorts and the Hoss in XL was like trying to put on kids stuff. The XXL was good. I generally wear 40" pants so you may want to condider the XXXL. Buying cycling clothes always makes me feel like a fatass, especially the Euro stuff.

Are you gonna eat that?
    I'm actually wearing a pair of Novara bike shorts from REI, they're XL and fit my 6'2" 270lb ass

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've just got the nashbar epic's in XL. i'm 6'7" and 285lbs. 38-40" waist.
    Comes with the shorts, and a "liner" with the pads in it. Pretty cool. Just got them yesterday.

Fat, but working on it...
    I have the Performance Boulder shorts and they fit nicely. I wear the XL and I have a 40" waist, so the XXL should fit you.
    Nothing to see here. Move along...

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thank you guys for the help. I have a pair of Nashbar Epic's on the way, sounds like a sweet deal. I'll post how they turn out! Have a good ride!!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    you'll be pleased

it tied the room together
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Givens
    Thank you guys for the help. I have a pair of Nashbar Epic's on the way, sounds like a sweet deal. I'll post how they turn out! Have a good ride!!
    I used to love nashbar shorts - the arroyo was my favorite but no longer available. Unfortunatley the current stuuf has been tapered quite a bit and my xxl's from 2 years ago are much better than the current crop.

Pearl Izumi. More specifically, Pearl Izumi Attack. Any old plain baggy overtop is all you'll need.

sunnyside up
    Hey Guys, help a big girl out here...

Women's shorts in my size are total garbage. The size runs all stop at size 14. I'm now looking into men's shorts as an alternative. I'm in the XXL range about 46" or so. What I'm looking for is men's baggy shorts with a high waist, since the hip hugger look is just not flattering at ALL on me. Who has shorts that have a long distance from crotch to waist?

Patty
    "...So forget all your duties, oh yeah! Fat bottomed girls, they'll be riding today..." Freddie Mercury

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    J&G (bike cop gear)
    I donít know too much about the shorts they sell but I have a 2 large size long-sleeved jerseys. Hereís the sizing chart for everything they make.

http://www.bicycleclothing.com/sizing-chart.html
    IBEX Ignition, 05 Marzocchi DJ1 Outlaw wheels 2.3 tires Saint Crank ATACzPedals LX Drive Train w11-34 185mm BB7&SD5 30lbs

I railed it like Kong
    I'm 6'2 with a 42" waist and the only shorts that fit my waist and my thighs are the Hoss XXXL. I can get several shorts to fit the waist but not 32" thighs. There were some Supergo XXL shorts that fit years ago. But don't kow if Performance kept that line and relabeled them. Nothing in the Fox, Pearl, Louis lines fit even close.
    I'm UNIQUE... just like everybody else.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Arcon,
    WHERE are you finding the Hoss "XXXL"??? I' ve only seen the 2XL @ most online stores.
    Thank you!

WWE Champion
    Oct 2005
    I also wear XXXL Hoss shorts. Fits like regular 2XL shorts. I had to buy them directly from the hoss website. I even got a pair with the camo print. They're actually pretty nice looking, without a bike involved.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for the reply guys!! My Nashbars showed up today.......VERY nice and fit AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna go get em muddy. Thanks again all!

mtbr Buckeye...in Austin

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by knobbyknees
    Hey Guys, help a big girl out here...

Women's shorts in my size are total garbage. The size runs all stop at size 14. I'm now looking into men's shorts as an alternative. I'm in the XXL range about 46" or so. What I'm looking for is men's baggy shorts with a high waist, since the hip hugger look is just not flattering at ALL on me. Who has shorts that have a long distance from crotch to waist?

Patty
    Pearl Izumi shorts are great.
    I have their baggies an like them. Try to find them with drawstring or belt loop.

Their ultrasensor tights or bigs are SWEET!

The XXL is to 45" wait and they're way high.
    If you're in to lycra, they're awesome (way better than the attack)

Performance ($89.99) will pricematch Wheelworld at $59.99.
    Look em up!

Five Alive
    Another vote here for HOSS shorts. Was on their website yesterday. Their jerseys also look good for a Clyde. You can buy from their site.

Members who have read this thread: 1