Super Clyde

Big clothes for big guys.

I need to pick up a jersey from Aerotech Designs this week and I was wondering how they fit. I wear a 3x/4x regular t-shirt. I have a Nashbar 3x jersey that I can barely get zipped. I know the Aerotech jerseys run big, so I'm debating on whether to get a 4x or a 5x.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I normally wear a 4x shirt.

I ordered their normal Big Man Jersey in 4x, and while it definitely fit, it was much more form fitting than I was comfortable with. Figured I'd hang onto it anyways in hopes it would fit better after I dropped some weight.

I then tried their Colossal Loose fit in 4x and was much happier with it. It fit much more like a regular t-shirt.

Super Clyde
    That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

unrooted
    I'm a scrawny bastard compared to you guys, but I still get jerseys in xxl despite typically wearing a large t-shirt. for mountain biking I think the skin tight jerseys are too restricting in the shoulders. I would always order the next size up if there was a question.

mtbr member
    What is the difference between bike jerseys and just plain dry-fit tee shirts? I have been wearing dry-fit tee shirts while I ride and they seem to be just fine. I am wondering if I would benefit by getting one.
    556DuckVader
    '13 Trek Marlin

Super Clyde
    I got the 4X jersey today, it fit's pretty good, though it could be a little longer (I have a pretty long torso).

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    One other thing I forgot to mention, now you'll have to keep the ladies from ravishing you while wearing the jersey. It's our curse to bear.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by 556duckvader View Post
    What is the difference between bike jerseys and just plain dry-fit tee shirts? I have been wearing dry-fit tee shirts while I ride and they seem to be just fine. I am wondering if I would benefit by getting one.
    Probably not a huge difference. The zip front and the pockets in back are nice, plus it's longer in back to better fit you while in riding position, I guess.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Cycling tops are just that bit closer fit and the zip and back pockets can be useful. Ride what feels comfortable.

For the not-quite-so-clyde guys, I can recommend Twin Six clothing. I'm about a 48" chest and tall, and their XXXL tops are now the only ones I'll buy.