mtbr member
    May 2009

this big boys butt hurts

my Hardrock's specialized Aggro seat is killin me what are you guys runnin? im heading to walmart before my ride tonight to see about a nice fluffy somthin, since the LBS is closed already, just so i can ride. So? what be your seat??

mtbr member
    I doubt you can find a quality saddle at walmart. I would try something along the lines of a WTB Pure V. Works nicely for me.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    no the big fluffy bell seat from walmart is just so my butt dont fall off before i can get a better one

Fat and Slow
    Aug 2009
    my butt was KILLIN" me after the first couple of rides. went and got some good gel padded shorts and WOW! no more sore azz!
    09 Hardrock Sport Disc.

Former Bike Wrench
    Quote Originally Posted by kingbrian24
    my Hardrock's specialized Aggro seat is killin me what are you guys runnin? im heading to walmart before my ride tonight to see about a nice fluffy somthin, since the LBS is closed already, just so i can ride. So? what be your seat??
    Shorts...quality shorts!

And don't wear underwear under them

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Big fluffies will make your butt hurt worse unless you're just riding a short distance.

They adapt far to well to the contours of your backside and therefore are far better at constricting the flow of blood and putting pressure on all of the nerve endings.

Better to find something that is firmer, but supports your sit-bones better.

Saddles like the Brooks are so hard they make a knocking sound when you rap your knuckles on them, but are quite comfortable.