mtbr member

Big Boy with a Swinger 3 way - settings

Anyone have a Swinger 3 way that weighs more than an XC racer punk? I'm 6'3" 265, just bought a Trek Liquid 25, it has the swinger in the rear and a Manitou Black Super Air SPV. I've been toying with the setting but either the front end is too stiff while the rear is too soft or vice versa. If I used Manitou's suggestions I'd be putting too much air in the fork and the rear would be super stiff, anyone have either of these peices? What do you guys run for air pressure?

Double-metric mtb man
    I'm an AM/Trail rider on a Cake 2DLX with the Swinger 3 way out back. I'm running 110psi in the SPV and 160 in the main chamber and find it does well for me. I'm about 235 lb stripped now, about 240-255 lbs with gear and backpack (depending on what I'm carrying). I run the rebound damper at about the mid-point or one click faster.

I don't think I can help you with the fork...I've got a Float on my ride, but if it helps any, I'm running 110psi in the fork and it rides well for me and my riding style.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    The key is to set the sag at 20 mm or so and as long as your not bottoming out your ok. If using the full travel and your bottoming out on big hits add some air. Everyone is different on what kind of ride they like or want. Don't get stuck on a # of psi pressure. Set the sag and go ride. Add air if to soft and let some out if to stiff, it's not rocket science. For your info, riding a Reign 1 with a Nixon Platium and a 3 way shock. 150 SPV,225 in top on 3 way, 100 in SPV, 200 in top on Nixon. I'm 6' 2" and go 265.