mtbr member

Big Boy sized Knee and Elbow pads

I've been looking for a wrap around knee and elbow pad for an upcoming DH trip. My problem is, im a bigger guy with tree trunk legs (i've been lifting weights for years) and rather large arms.

All the sizing charts for 661, IXS, etc, make it seem that none of the pads will fit me.

Do you guys have experience with buying knee/elbow guards that actually fit? I've been looking at the Kyle STrait knee from 661, top opening is listed as 17", my leg is 22" at 6 inches above the knee. Can I assume that they will stretch (elastic), etc.?

Any recommendations on companies whose pads fit bigger dudes?

mtbr member
    Nothing? No one wears pads here?

If you wear pads as a bigger guy, please post up any advice. I live in the Midwest so chances of trying pads on at a shop are slim to none.

Anyone???!!!??!?!

@adelorenzo
    Kyle Straits are my favorite knee pads by far, but honestly. without trying them on who knows how they'll fit you. I also have some 661 Race knee/shins that are pretty large, I have big calves and they fit.

If you have really big arms you could always try a set of knee pads on the arm... I have RF elbow/forearm pads (they suck) but I tried on some S/M knee pads the other day at LBS and they were pretty good on the arms.