Your bike is incorrigible

Best source for wheelsets

Since we're on the topic anyway, I thought it would be interesting to get some feedback about which shops people have ordered their wheelsets from and why.

I know all about Universal cycles, but I'm a little disapointed they have stopped carrying prebuilds on Hadley hubs. (Actually, I went through their custom build module, built a rear wheel on a Hadley, and it came out to $450!!!).

I also know that Airbomb carries some decent wheelsets, but I've never ordered from them.

So, tell me, where did you buy your fancy wheelset? How much did it cost? Was it prebuilt or totally custom? What has been your experience so far?

Frequent Crasher
    Mike Garcia @ www.oddandendos.com I am getting a new set of Hope Bulb hubs 12mm thru and 20mm front, with sun MTX rims and Wheelsmith 13 gauge SIngle butted spokes. I have another set he built, woodman rear, Velocity front 20mm, with Sun Single tracks and WS dh 13 gauge single butted spokes. Very stiff and sturdy. Mike builds a stout wheel and he should be considered. Call him he will talk forever if you want. I am 230# now and never had to true the wheels.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now,
    Someone please tell me it's not a train.
    -Cracker