mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Best Full-Fingered Gloves

All,

I'm looking for a set of full-fingered gloves for a clyde (Long, scrawny fingers). I've tried the Giro Xen and liked them but looking for something with a little extra length in the fingers? Any suggestions?

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    Void Plus Red | Products | ThorMX
    Quote Originally Posted by WaySlowWhitey View Post
    All,

I'm looking for a set of full-fingered gloves for a clyde (Long, scrawny fingers). I've tried the Giro Xen and liked them but looking for something with a little extra length in the fingers? Any suggestions?
    I would suggest taking a look at your local powersports/MX type shop, most of the MX gloves these days are very thin/minimal and a great MTB bike glove, Thor makes a good option, Klim makes a great wet or cold weather option.
    13 SB95c/XT/EnveM60ChrisKing/RF NextSL/PikeRCT3SA/CCDBAcs/KS Lev
    13 ARCc/EnveAMChrisKing/XT 1x10 OneUp

turtles make me hot
    I have XL hands or size 11 Mechanix and such. My favorite biking gloves are Troy Lee.
    I like turtles

mtbr member
    Mechanix gloves make excellent MTB gloves (often for quite a bit less)...pick your flavor and go ride.
    Former bicycle mechanic for 8 years, current soil scientist.

Blog

Ow!
    I usually get Fox gloves. The models can vary a bit in size, but the XXLs I use are all pretty close. They also have some models in XXXL.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    +1 for XXL Fox gloves. They fit my long skinny fingers real good with coverage to the wrist that can be hard to find. Mechanix gloves are cheaper but wear out quick. I can get three seasons plus out of Fox gloves .. Depending on how much I crash

mtbr member

I wear cheap fly racings, they are full mesh and have some foam backing and fit my big hands fine.

I wanted more expensive ones and the guy at the moto store was like gloves are disposable, get cheap ones cause they wear out and the palm gets wet and turn to crap so fair enough i went with the base ones and no complaints.

Cold weather i wear motorfist kill switch gloves, i bought them for mountain sledding but they have no wrist coverage, great for biking and have a full leather palm.

Super Clyde

I just bought a set if XXL Bontrager Rhythm Elite gloves. They fit my gorilla sized hands quite nicely.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    I'm getting to the show kind of late, but my 2 cents:
    I've only owned 3 pairs of full fingered gloves: Mechanix, Fox Dirt Paws, and a new pair of Fox Blitz.
    They have all worked well. The Mechanix stretched out a lot early on. Maybe I could have gotten away with a size smaller. I used them for riding as well as work in a wood shop and never wore a hole in them or had stitches come loose. At less than $20 they are an unbeatable value.
    The Dirt Paws were nice but the Fox size chart is a lie. It advised that I get an XL by finger length and palm girth. The palm was snug but not uncomfortable. The fingers were just too short. Functionally they worked fine but the ill fit took a toll on the durability. The stitching started coming loose between the fingers after a year of light riding. A year later they were worthless. I don't blame this on their quality, just the poor fit advised by Fox.
    I just bought the Fox Blitz. It's a moto glove that has been discontinued but you can find them on Ebay. I've only got two rides on them so I can't speak to their durability but I can say that the fit/feel/function are the best that I have had in a glove, full or half finger.

mtbr member
    Love my Troy Lee gloves.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    Mechanix gloves make excellent MTB gloves (often for quite a bit less)...pick your flavor and go ride.
    This. Mechanix Vent FTW.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Fox Bombers. On the motorcycle or the bicycle.

The carbon knuckles have saved my hands more times than I can count.

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Try your local tactical gun store. They have some neat padded back of hand gloves. If I remember correctly they were Underarmor.

mtbr member

Re: Best Full-Fingered Gloves

Raced moto all my life now im on mtbs. I've always used troy lee design gloves. Best gloves around for durability. I go thru gloves alot but my TLD gloves last the longest and usually just wear out. All others rip at the wrist or some stupid crap. Ive tried em all, fox, answer, shift, msr, etc. TLD is best but you will pay a bit more.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Yup...my Troy Lee's are on their 3rd season of riding I think, maybe forth, with only wear around the wrists where I pull them on and off. The rest of the gloves look almost like new. The ones I have are discontinued...I need to scrounge another pair or two for future use.

mtbr member
    I always buy my gloves @ Home Depot. There are tons of choices @ 10, 15 and 20 dollar price points. Like a previous poster said, gloves are disposable...buy cheap. I splurged a few weeks ago and bought the $20 pair. They have "carbon" looking knuckle protectors and fit like a...well y'know. Very happy with them.

MaverickMotoMedia.com
    Quote Originally Posted by askibum02 View Post
    I just bought a set if XXL Bontrager Rhythm Elite gloves. They fit my gorilla sized hands quite nicely.

Sent from a telecommunication device with a touch screen keyboard.
    +1!
    Maverick Moto Media Motorcycles, Mountain Biking & Social Media Mgt
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

S-Mart's Top of the Line
    I third the mechanix suggestion. They are cheap, easy to come by and they hold up extremely well!

If I wanted to be a brand name billboard, I'd wear spandex and hang out with the roadies or go play golf.

mtbr member
    I have one pair of Fox Dirt Paw's that are two years old size 2XL, they have been great, and a second pair that are one year old. I ride 3-5 times a week XC and they have held up well. I went to two pairs so that when I wash them after a couple weeks and let them air dry, I have a second pair. I agree that the fingers are a little shorter by size than advertised, so I bought the second pair one size up in 3XL, and they fit better.
    Klunk on............

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    +1 on MX gloves. Kills me what they charge for a "MTB" glove. I wear Moose Racing gloves and love them. Used to wear Fox Dirt Paws but like the Moose better. Light, breath well and have good knuckle protection.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    My favorite glove right now is the giro dnd. So comfy. Not a lotta padding and no Velcro cuff which I like.

JHH
    mtbr member
    I really like my Fox Attack's. I have a fairly large paw and found these to be the most comfortable for me.
    Keep pedaling no matter what

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I love my Giro Remedys! Had a couple of different pairs. One pair, the seam started to come apart after about a month of normal trail riding. Called Giro, sent me a new pair. Rode the new ones for about 5 months, and they started to separate between the thumb, and the soft area used to wipe sweat from around your eyes... Called Giro, sent me a new pair, and it was the new style! Had these now for 6 months, no problems.
    Bike Doctor

mtbr member
    I've only used fox dirt paw and there great!