mtbr member
    May 2007

Baggy/Loose shirt/jersey for MTBing

Hey guys, i wear an XL-XXL in tshirts, i've never bought a riding shirt/jersey before so i dont know what to look for. Can you point me to any sites with decent deals? what works for you guys?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by giant_kyle
    Hey guys, i wear an XL-XXL in tshirts, i've never bought a riding shirt/jersey before so i dont know what to look for. Can you point me to any sites with decent deals? what works for you guys?
    unless you want the rear pockets that cycling jerseys have (I usually wear a camelbak, so don't use the rear pockets)- pretty much any wicking exercise shirt works just fine. cycling jerseys also tend to run on the small/tight side unless they're the moto/dh/freeride type, then they're more baggy.
    I hit the clearance racks at the big box stores, marshalls, tjmaxx, etc. I often find great riding shirts for under $5. I'm partial to coolmax, but there's lots of options.
    Ah, just noticed you're in the cool southern climes of MS I'm over in cajun country. hit the clearance racks for budget excersize shirts! I'm not above cutting 'v' notches or cutting off the necks of my expensive finds to make a bit cooler or more comfy.
    [SIZE=1][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    May 2007
    i live in southern mississippi. It's hot as hell and humid as a fish tank. I guess i'll run by some of our local TJ Maxx/Hudsons type stores.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    the only actual MTB gear i wear are the lycra shorts. i put my under armour shorts over those. i also wear the under armour shirts. im abit of an under armour whore but the stuff works better than anything else ive tried IMO.

added: i live in south louisiana so i need all the extra cooling i can get esp. at 275lbs.

local trails rider
    I found some running shirts on sale at a sports shop: not tight, feel dry.

Smarter Than He Looks
    I really like the techwick t-shirts from EMS. They're simple, pretty cheap and have a 'roomy' cut. I'm also a XL-XXL in cotton t-shirts, and the XLs from EMS are plenty big.

http://www.ems.com/catalog/product_d...=1182678725348

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I ended up buying a sweat wicking shirt from walmart, and it works perfectly....

mtbr member
    I get my shirts from Academy and I got a pair of baggys from REI.. I tried some of the shirts from walmart and didnt like the fell. I got some of the Nike shirts at Academy and they felt tons better and like $5 more.

mtbr member
    http://mtborah.com/

They carry bigger sizes and they are decent.