Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Reputation: Mellow Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,686

    Back on the saddle

    I've been commuting to work for a few months now and dropped some weight but I missed mtbing since I wasn't able to do for the past two years due to work and life commitments.

    Now, I'm back on the saddle. this is my new steed. 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er; size XXL. She's a beaut! I'll take her out for her virgin ride Wednesday night. It will also be my virgin ride on a 29er and my first time ever night riding! this should be fun!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Back on the saddle-img_0386.jpg  

    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    533
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    I've been commuting to work for a few months now and dropped some weight but I missed mtbing since I wasn't able to do for the past two years due to work and life commitments.

    Now, I'm back on the saddle. this is my new steed. 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert FSR 29er; size XXL. She's a beaut! I'll take her out for her virgin ride Wednesday night. It will also be my virgin ride on a 29er and my first time ever night riding! this should be fun!
    Sweet! If you fit an XXL you will love the 29'er!

  3. #3
    Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Reputation: Mellow Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,686

    Yep, I do!

    Quote Originally Posted by dadtorbn View Post
    Sweet! If you fit an XXL you will love the 29'er!
    I test rode this same bike in an XL and found that I was a little cramped. I was worried that I would endo when decending on steep root-filled trailes. We have plenty of those out here.
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

  4. #4
    Oh Yeah Baby
    Reputation: Shocker99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152
    Great looking bike sans the toe straps. Definately can put a hurtin' on you.

    Glad to hear you are able to get back to mt biking. Im hooked again too.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    237
    29ers are great bikes, but to me they USUALLY look like a boy with his dad shoes on. Just out of proportion or something. Your bike is so big, the wheels look like 26ers. Wow. Pretty bike.

    Glad you are back in the saddle! Ride!!
    D

  6. #6
    Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Reputation: Mellow Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,686

    Pedals are

    Quote Originally Posted by Shocker99 View Post
    Great looking bike sans the toe straps. Definately can put a hurtin' on you.

    Glad to hear you are able to get back to mt biking. Im hooked again too.
    Time Atacks. This is how it looked just off the car rack
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

  7. #7
    Keep The Rubber Side Down
    Reputation: Mellow Yellow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,686

    this would be true if...

    Quote Originally Posted by Austin Dave View Post
    29ers are great bikes, but to me they USUALLY look like a boy with his dad shoes on. Just out of proportion or something. Your bike is so big, the wheels look like 26ers. Wow. Pretty bike.

    Glad you are back in the saddle! Ride!!
    D
    ... I was a short man. LOL!! I can't wait to take it out for a spin. It fits me great!
    Some of my happiest memories in life took place on my bicycles. - Me

  8. #8
    Oh Yeah Baby
    Reputation: Shocker99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    152
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellow Yellow View Post
    Time Atacks. This is how it looked just off the car rack
    Ahh, very good then. Better than I in fact. Im still riding flats.

    Hoping to switch over after the endurance race this weekend.
    Misfit Psycles diSSent

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mestapho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,650
    She's a beauty.

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    37
    Nice looking bike. That dropper seatpost is going to come in real handy.

Similar Threads

  1. Back in the saddle
    By Scooper in forum Passion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-11-2010, 03:47 PM
  2. back in the saddle?
    By kovi in forum Titus
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM
  3. Back in the Saddle
    By Phresh in forum Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-31-2007, 07:00 PM
  4. Back In The Saddle Again
    By greekguyrob in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 11:48 AM
  5. back in the saddle again?
    By jl in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •