mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Anyone riding an XL Dixon?

I'm a little wondered about the size of my new bike frame and would imagine this is the place to ask.

I bought a Devinci Dixon frame to build up about a week ago. The components are still coming by mail so I did the research I probably should have done before I bought the frame. The XL Dixon looks big on paper. Maybe too big. Devinci recommends the XL for 6'1" to 7'. I have a 21" Gary Fisher Ferrous that fits awesome! I doubted the guy at my LBS when he fit to an XL. It turned out to be the best bike for long rides although it's a HT. The Ferrous handles great on steeps and drops, not just cruising along. That's why I bought the XL Dixon.. I figured it was right.

I'm 6'3" and have a 31" inseam. Anyone else out there my size riding a XL Dixon? I checked with the shop I bought it from and they said it's the right size.
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member

Anyone riding an XL Dixon?

I'm not sure how much help this will be but.... I'm 6'1" and just bought a large Dixon. I find it fits very well with the stock 90mm stem. I'm also riding it in the high position right now. If you run your in low and put on a shorter stem you should be fine.

It's a an absolutely wicked bike!