mtbr member

Anybody using a 800lb spring??

Hey whats up, So I have a DHX 5.0 on my 07 Preston which is 7.5 x2.0 it xame with a 500 lb spring which wasnt enough I called Fox for my spring rate I told them my weight which is 225-230lb plus gear lets say 240lb they told me I needed a 800lb spring this thing is Big and Heavy and stiff, I am just wondering is this right 800lb spring cause when I put my weight in the calc at tunedshocks it says I need a 650-700lb spring.. What do you guys think anybody my weight using this spring

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I find this springcalc works better (someone posted it here and I put it aside where I would not lose it).

I had an 800# spring on my bike for a long time, and it was right and just, and then I lost some weight.

I'm currently riding a 700# spring, but may have to soon change to 650# if things keep going well.

sixsixtysix
    I run a 800lb on my Dirtbag which is a 7.87x2.25 shock and its fine, but has 2" more travel. I am about 250lbs. On my 06 Preston which has a 6.5x1.5 shock the spring calc said i needed a 1100lb spring which isn't even possible, so I went to a Roco Air and it works fine.

It the spring feels too stiff, back off the pre-load as much as possible and make sure you are getting proper 25-30% sag. If not, then you need a lighter spring.

When using the TFTuned Spring Calculator, it is saying you need a 700# though.

http://www.tftunedshox.com/springcalc.htm