Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 140
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535

    Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    I am just wondering because I have changed my riding style and slowed down alot after I read 83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.

    It is starting to look like you better take care of your body because they will not be putting humpty dumpty back together again.

    I was considering starting to ride my MOTO X motorcycles again but no way after I look at the new health care packages.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    22
    What a horrible, horrible thing. Let's all just stop living. Freaking obamacare. Uhg.
    But no, I'm not. I don't have insurance, and don't plan on signing up. They can go ride themselves into a wall.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    87
    Absolutely....I always let government programs effect my hobbies. I was an avid white water rafter until the last farm bill.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I still ride fast but I broke a few ribs back about 4 months ago and it made me think, I will still ride my motorcycles but no MOTOX. I used to be able to get a policy with a low deductible so I did not care but now? and it looks like care is going to be going down the toilet.

    You young cat's better do your research before you go hog wild exploring the bounds of " Where no man has gone before " unless you work for the Federal Mafia!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    816
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.
    81.79% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

  7. #7
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,955
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    Why? This is one of his better pieces of work.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    28
    You do understand that Obama care is supposed to only be another form of insurance.........who ever told you that you can't just go to any insurance company in the state you live in and get insurance...................High deductible. ?....ok...you still get treated,you just owe the hospitals. ?...make payments....
    No insurance......it's called the ER.....nothing has changed there......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

    I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    423
    Clydes in general should be more careful anyways, because of their bmi not some law.

    My wife is a doctor, and not much will change. She like most doctors got in the business to help others. Its gonna be okay..

    Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?
    I did not say that, there was a recent survey done and one of the ?'s ended up with that answer. One of my Dr's has quit taking Medicare patients and more Dr's are trying to go cash because the insurance system has become to expensive and troublesome.

    My own personal Dr. opted out of main stream and went into natural healing because alot of the newer medicines he considered poisons. He told me alot of the newer care has turned into a crock and it was going backwards.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 01-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    816
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!
    So - your sample size is limited to your doctors?
    Might I ask what sort of medical professionals you require?
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by the glassman View Post
    ......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

    Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

    Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    816
    Out before the bin.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

    Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

    Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...
    Thanks for the post, I am concerned and this post proves why.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    Can't comment on whether or not the new system is good, but your old system sure seemed flawed. The US government spent more per capita on health-care than Canada and the #1 cause of bankruptcy was medical costs. If my doctor's primary motivation was profit, I'd find a new doctor.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    266
    My bet; Your 83% doctors are more than likely growing medical mari-jane, by your statements Mr. Slowwww

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    The Docs will tell you they feel most of the problem is to much Big Gov, some practices are going cash only and the prices are considerably cheaper from what I have seen. This is real so jokes about it don't help anybody.

    If you really want to get an idea about what is really going on in medical watch the movie Cancer is Serious Business 2010. Things are not quit what they appear, the all powerful state is conning us all.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Doctors are very much in the top 1% of earners in the USA. 83% of them are NOT going to give up on that. Ever. Think about what you are told.

    I personally believe that making such offensive profit from healthcare is not something a civilized nation should be party to - especially when the country spends the most but doesn't top the health ratings.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

    I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.
    You are correct in the name of the of the Act but please don't get down on folks calling it Obama Care. If you do a little research you will see and hear Obama and many of his fellow democrat congress and senators calling it Obama Care many, many times.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bike Whisperer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,240
    My insurance is exactly the same as it was in 2013, the Affordable Health Care had zero effect on my life in the slightest bit.

    Once I recover from my (no copay or deductible) hip replacement I will go right back to riding my bike and not giving a sh!t about things that happen over 3000 miles away from where I live.

    Politics has nothing to do with this website

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    My insurance is exactly the same as it was in 2013, the Affordable Health Care had zero effect on my life in the slightest bit.

    Once I recover from my (no copay or deductible) hip replacement I will go right back to riding my bike and not giving a sh!t about things that happen over 3000 miles away from where I live.

    Politics has nothing to do with this website
    Just wait and see your health care will be changing, this is a legitimate ? for MTB riders ?.

  27. #27
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,200
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    this is a legitimate ? for MTB riders ?.



    It would be legit if this was a political site but its not. No politics, no religion, no trolling. So far, you're batting 1,000.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    It would be legit if this was a political site but its not. No politics, no religion, no trolling. So far, you're batting 1,000.
    While I agree with your premise, I too like coming here to get away from politics and religion, one mustn't keep ones head in the sand.

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    I get Jesus to heal me, I don't need no stinkin doktors.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtown View Post
    While I agree with your premise, I too like coming here to get away from politics and religion, one mustn't keep ones head in the sand.
    Right this is to the point where you need to mix both to a degree, I have just made a conscience effort to take care of my body better because of the concerns coming up in this country about the direction it's going in alot of areas.

    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.

    Those who do not know their history are destined to repeat

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.

    Those who do not know their history are destined to repeat
    Feel free to jump ship then and don't contribute, it'll be better for the rest of us as well. Also, do not compare my country to Nazi Germany. I am not a flag waver, but muck off and leave if that's your opinion.

    I work for a university doing research. I don't get paid a whole lot, but I hope that I am contributing to knowledge and society on the whole. My plan is the same, but I am paying more for it in this new year. The govt termed our plan as a Cadillac plan and would fine the university something in the neighborhood of 50 million. In my opinion, I want everyone to have a cadillac plan and pay the ford cost. I think the purpose of the Affordable Care Act is to level the cost for the individual instead of using the size of business entities as a bartering tool for better rates. If I have to pay more for more people to get better coverage then so be it and I hope on the whole that this country feels the same way.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post

    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.
    Godwin's law. Right there. Post 30.

    You really do believe everything your chosen news channels tell you and that is not good for you. I have no idea what your reference points in life are, but the USA will go down the pan if things do not change - the most costly health care system in the world that is NOT the most effective should be a starting point and a bit of a sign.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    115
    Obamacare has affected my life in the same way that Reagan's Trickle-down theory did in the 80's.....

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    266

    No good


  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan&Green View Post
    Obamacare has affected my life in the same way that Reagan's Trickle-down theory did in the 80's.....
    Trickle down economics made the assumption that the rich would spend or invest the money they "saved" from taxes. The rich got richer... duh, right?

    The Affordable Health Care Act seeks to increase health care coverage for everyone by increasing the number of insured to bring down the cost for individuals. This is essentially the business model. The bigger the business the better the rates generally. Unfortunately, weaving together business and health insurance only serves to allow business to enforce health standards on their employed which in a sense deprives them of some personal choice, smoking being the obvious example. I hope that we all get healthier, but ultimately that decision is left to the individual and their lifestyle choices. We should all have some form of coverage, because as we all know....there are knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns and that is the nature of the future. We all need a little insurance for our own stupidity. Ultimately, this is a golden rule issue for me, if I want coverage I have to pay for others as well.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bike Whisperer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,240
    I also ride with my helmet lined in aluminum foil so I'm well protected

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    115
    This thread has been informative. I was wondering how someone could have 481 posts on these forums and have negative reputation.... I think I understand now.

  38. #38
    My Brain Hurts!
    Reputation: ProfGumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    700
    Ah, nope. Just ask the last tree I bounced off of, or the next 3.....

    I have a job at a big box retailer, the big one, and the insurance is pretty damned affordable. The pay stinks a bit but other than that I can't complain.

    SO..I will be out as soon as the trails shed all this cold white crap and firm up...just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I am just curious as to weather people are being safer when they play. I am going to be because I do not trust the way our medical is going.

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Tropic thunder

  41. #41
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    791
    IMHO If you are not riding pushing the limits of your own ability why bother?
    Life is full of uncertainties ride hard and know that you are taking way many more chances of getting hurt by driving to the trail.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I have gotten hurt on my bike and lucky not to have had to go to the hospital, this thing may be slower than my MOTO X motorcycle but it deserves almost as much respect.

    On a motorcycle I was always more respectful and thought a bike was a joke but have since changed my tune.

    One thing the Moto X motorcycle made me realize was HP can save your A$$ sometimes like when in doubt gas it! but with legs when you gas it nothing happens.

  43. #43
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,955
    The trail of stupid here is unmatched lately on mtbr.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  44. #44
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Clint View Post
    This thread has been informative. I was wondering how someone could have 481 posts on these forums and have negative reputation.... I think I understand now.
    And from a bleeding heart liberal no less! Shocked as this forum has a decidedly liberal bias.

    And realslowww, your heart is in the right place, but you are still bamboozled regarding your facts. I love ya though so don't give up, you seem fairly intelligent. Do some research on the laws which govern economics and you may change your tune. A little hint, those laws are natural and universal laws, not man made ones. Replace the term "money" with "energy" and then do your thinking. You will soon see what a farce it has all become. In fact, I encourage everyone to take part in that simple thought experiment. There is no money, only energy, GO!

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    And from a bleeding heart liberal no less! Shocked as this forum has a decidedly liberal bias.

    And realslowww, your heart is in the right place, but you are still bamboozled regarding your facts. I love ya though so don't give up, you seem fairly intelligent. Do some research on the laws which govern economics and you may change your tune. A little hint, those laws are natural and universal laws, not man made ones. Replace the term "money" with "energy" and then do your thinking. You will soon see what a farce it has all become. In fact, I encourage everyone to take part in that simple thought experiment. There is no money, only energy, GO!

    What a crock.

  46. #46
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Appalling. So you deny the laws of nature, and disagree that all energy systems must conform to these universal laws?

    Do you believe in ghosts and time bending as well?

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    What I think is your post's are BS, I am well versed in economics.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    What evidence do you have - real evidence - that medical care is going downhill?

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Well, I disagree. So you are saying that money can be created out of nothing? Quantitative Easing is not a farce?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    What evidence do you have - real evidence - that medical care is going downhill?
    Well first off the whole country is going down the tubes and medical is part of the country, Watch the movie cancer is serious business 2010 to see what our regulating bodies are doing who are supposed to be protecting the public.

    My doctor has told me it is going south, my step fathers Drs. told him it was going down. Nurses I talk to tell me medical is becoming a joke. I watched modern medicine kill my mother.

    I live in a town that is based on hospitals.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Well, I disagree. So you are saying that money can be created out of nothing? Quantitative Easing is not a farce?
    Our rulers do that and they run the world with it, I do not understand what you are trying to say. The way the world really works politically is through it's monetary system.

  52. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Watch the movie cancer is serious business
    I don't need to. It has been taken apart by more professionals and real scientists than I've seen in a while. One very thorough example is here:
    Stanislaw Burzynski: Bad medicine, a bad movie, and bad P.R. « Science-Based Medicine

    I'm sorry that you believe such things.

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I don't need to. It has been taken apart by more professionals and real scientists than I've seen in a while. One very thorough example is here:
    Stanislaw Burzynski: Bad medicine, a bad movie, and bad P.R. « Science-Based Medicine

    I'm sorry that you believe such things.
    Why is it nothing has been cured since Polio in the 50's?

    UK is brain wash central, all roads go back to England on the greatest con the world has ever known.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    I should really step away from this thread but it just keeps on giving.

    I'd love to her your views on the UK, the con and the brain wash. I'm all ears.

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    They dam sure conquered us again in the US, from what I have been reading it isn't really the British peoples fault. Their intellect is just no match for the Germans.

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.
    Bronze plans have a 6k out of pocket maximum per year. Please explain how you came to that 35-50k debt number.

  57. #57
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    28
    I don't really understand some things that people say in here......Please help me figure it out.....


    people can buy a 70,000 dollar car.....100 plus thousand dollar house.....or more....4000 dollar bikes....200 dollar shoes to pedal that bike......and on and on and on........

    Most of us do all this in some way or another.....why can't we afford to make payments to a doctor or hospital for a high deductable....

    Why would you loss your house and such

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    28
    And yes.....i have played very hard in my life resulting in A LOT of surgeries and med bills in my life..........

  59. #59
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    Quote Originally Posted by danny31292 View Post
    Bronze plans have a 6k out of pocket maximum per year. Please explain how you came to that 35-50k debt number.
    The devil is in the details. Yes, the Bronze IN Network deductible is $6250. Yet for OUT Network it is $10,000 deductible. The piece you're missing is the payable rate of 80/20%, and for the ER it's 70/30%. This lower % is the patient's responsibility after deductible has been met, and is where things gets $$$$..

  60. #60
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    The devil is in the details. Yes, the Bronze IN Network deductible is $6250. Yet for OUT Network it is $10,000 deductible. The piece you're missing is the payable rate of 80/20%, and for the ER it's 70/30%. This lower % is the patient's responsibility after deductible has been met, and is where things gets $$$$..
    You don't understand out of pocket maximums. After $6250 or 10k they cover 100%. https://www.healthcare.gov/glossary/...maximum-limit/

    Before the ACA many plans did have an out of pocket maxes. Hence how that 20% could add up. This is no longer the case.

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    87
    I would encourage anyone seeking health insurance info to contact a local agent that you trust rather than getting your information from a mountain biking website.

  62. #62
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    This ^ Exactly. Plans vary state to state. Info I stated came from an insurance co., and I'm no fricking insurance actuary. Out.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    They dam sure conquered us again in the US, from what I have been reading it isn't really the British peoples fault. Their intellect is just no match for the Germans.
    I really have no idea what any of that meant and I speak both English and American.

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I really have no idea what any of that meant and I speak both English and American.
    From what I have been reading the ruling elite of Britain is from Germany and America's financial system goes back to England and everything stems from that.

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Ah. OK. Things that are perhaps rooted in fact but warped into something totally different. I'll leave you be then.

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    From what I have been reading the ruling elite of Britain is from Germany and America's financial system goes back to England and everything stems from that.
    Somebody's been watching Hitler's Favorite Royal on PBS.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    Somebody's been watching Hitler's Favorite Royal on PBS.
    These people who rule the world have done a masterful job trying to cover their tracks, these are also the same people who more than likely own controlling stocks in the insurance companies that wrote Obama Care.

    Any stooge by now who has not figured out they ( Our Rulers ) figured out by counterfeiting the money and not being audited they could rule the world is not real bright.

  68. #68
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by the glassman View Post
    I don't really understand some things that people say in here......Please help me figure it out.....


    people can buy a 70,000 dollar car.....100 plus thousand dollar house.....or more....4000 dollar bikes....200 dollar shoes to pedal that bike......and on and on and on........

    Most of us do all this in some way or another.....why can't we afford to make payments to a doctor or hospital for a high deductable....

    Why would you loss your house and such
    I for one drive a car I bought 4 years ago for $2500, I rent a house for an insanely low amount (I'm more of a care taker than a tenant), I bartered professional services for a portion of my ($2k list) bike, own one pair of bike shorts I wash constantly etc., maybe your are getting the picture. This hobby does not have to be a HUGE money suck, but healthcare sure is. I just paid over $1000 an hour out of my pocket for dental work, and the doctor charges nearly as much, ($100 for about 5 minutes of his time).

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    These people who rule the world have done a masterful job trying to cover their tracks, these are also the same people who more than likely own controlling stocks in the insurance companies that wrote Obama Care.

    Any stooge by now who has not figured out they ( Our Rulers ) figured out by counterfeiting the money and not being audited they could rule the world is not real bright.
    I really don't get what you and Stuart Mackenzie have against the Colonel, he makes some fine chicken.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    I really don't get what you and Stuart Mackenzie have against the Colonel, he makes some fine chicken.
    Yaa and were all on the menu.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    The weak are meat the strong do eat.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    The weak are meat the strong do eat.
    Make sure you eat your GMO's

  73. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,720
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Make sure you eat your GMO's
    Yeah, could get lucky and develop super powers!

    I will be the GMO Avenger! I shall have traits of disease and herbicide resistance! I shall not rot from floods nor wither from water stress. I will stay fresh longer and have increased levels of beta-carotene and vitamin A. I'll need fewer fertilizers and resources to be at my best and the surrounding water quality will improve as less nitrates are run off into rivers, lakes and streams. I will be a boon to developing countries and areas that lack adequate farmland. Captain Planet and I will be best buds! Now all I have to do is come up with a costume.... cape or no cape?, cowl or no cowl?, tights?... no, no tights. Lots of work to do...
    Last edited by dbhammercycle; 01-16-2014 at 04:33 PM.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by dbhammercycle View Post
    Yeah, could get lucky and develop super powers!

    I will be the GMO Avenger! I shall have traits of disease and herbicide resistance! I shall not rot from floods nor wither from water stress. I will stay fresh longer and have increased levels of beta-carotene and vitamin A. I'll need fewer fertilizers and resources to be at my best and the surrounding water quality will improve as less nitrates are run off into rivers, lakes and streams. I will be a boon to developing countries and areas that lack adequate farmland. Captain Planet and I will be best buds! Now all I have to do is come up with a costume.... cape or no cape?, cowl or no cowl?, tights?... no, no tights. Lots of work to do...
    More like you will have cancerous tumor growths out the side of your head.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I am just wondering because I have changed my riding style and slowed down alot after I read 83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.

    It is starting to look like you better take care of your body because they will not be putting humpty dumpty back together again.

    I was considering starting to ride my MOTO X motorcycles again but no way after I look at the new health care packages.
    Vancouver's North Shore and the Whistler Bike Park are in Canada where they have *gasp* "socialized" medicine and it doesn't seem to stop people from riding their hearts out.

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Don't tell him but most of Europe has that 'healthcare for all' nonsense and some of the countries even have lower death rates for major diseases than the US - and less Type II diabetes!

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8iking VIIking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,252

    Re: Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    Don't tell him but most of Europe has that 'healthcare for all' nonsense and some of the countries even have lower death rates for major diseases than the US - and less Type II diabetes!
    That's because we're a bunch of fat lazy slobs! Well except for us mtbr members of course...

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    I for one drive a car I bought 4 years ago for $2500, I rent a house for an insanely low amount (I'm more of a care taker than a tenant), I bartered professional services for a portion of my ($2k list) bike, own one pair of bike shorts I wash constantly etc., maybe your are getting the picture. This hobby does not have to be a HUGE money suck, but healthcare sure is. I just paid over $1000 an hour out of my pocket for dental work, and the doctor charges nearly as much, ($100 for about 5 minutes of his time).


    I live th same as you.....except for when the dental stuff came up I yanked all mine and got some fakes..best 3000 I ever spent in my life....and I'm 43.....

  79. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I did not realize what our rulers were promoting was socialized medicine. I guess socialized medicine through the IRS and insurance companies which are controlled by the credit monopoly.

    I think they want to thin the herd here in the USA to do UN 21.

    I have come to the conclusion that socialism is a group of people who want to counterfeit money practice usury and lay claim to the world and herd all us around like cattle as they gobble up territory making their one world slave state.

  80. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I did not realize what our rulers were promoting was socialized medicine. I guess socialized medicine through the IRS and insurance companies which are controlled by the credit monopoly.

    I think they want to thin the herd here in the USA to do UN 21.

    I have come to the conclusion that socialism is a group of people who want to counterfeit money practice usury and lay claim to the world and herd all us around like cattle as they gobble up territory making their one world slave state.
    I was going to ask whether you had ever lived in another country, then I thought I should scale it back to 'visited'.

    Now I'd like to know whether you have ever left your county?

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    The devil is in the details. Yes, the Bronze IN Network deductible is $6250. Yet for OUT Network it is $10,000 deductible. The piece you're missing is the payable rate of 80/20%, and for the ER it's 70/30%. This lower % is the patient's responsibility after deductible has been met, and is where things gets $$$$..
    Most of the idiots on here are either uninsured leaches on society or ignorant of the complex nature of medical insurance, the motivations of hospitals and physicians(hilarious in it's naivete) and the impact of this disastrous law called Obamacare or (ACA for you brain dead syncophants).

    I know several physicians who already have quit/retired early due to this and taken their money to other countries to live. Several have removed themselves from insurance by going direct payment from the patients. This is only available to the very wealthy.

    Obamacare has decimated the middle class from the medical insurance market, just wait when your company cancels your policy next year and triples your monthly contribution and deductible.
    The law mandates that the sickest and biggest takers of the system benefit at everyone else's expense. The hospitals and doctors will make their's one way or another, but those with any assets in the middle will be decimated to pay for it.

    The wealthy will be more out of pocket , but they can handle it and will get top level care. If you depend on insurance you will get the worst physicians and care because that's is all the government will have providing for you.

    The old system was not perfect , but much better than what this debacle will provide.
    Last edited by chasejj; 01-17-2014 at 09:43 PM.

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I was going to ask whether you had ever lived in another country, then I thought I should scale it back to 'visited'.

    Now I'd like to know whether you have ever left your county?
    If you had the balls to ever say that to his face , you would surely be eating them in minutes.

  83. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    Don't tell him but most of Europe has that 'healthcare for all' nonsense and some of the countries even have lower death rates for major diseases than the US - and less Type II diabetes!
    They are all asking for Germany to pay for it as well.
    You are aware of the debt the EU is incurring for all the entitlements you all have granted yourself, correct?

  84. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    You are aware of the debt the EU is incurring for all the entitlements you all have granted yourself, correct?
    I am aware that the US debt surpasses the EU debt by a good margin, yet the US have far less of the entitlements granted. So, if we're keeping this simple, you think more entitlements and a lower overall debt is a bad thing for Europe?

  85. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    473
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I am aware that the US debt surpasses the EU debt by a good margin, yet the US have far less of the entitlements granted. So, if we're keeping this simple, you think more entitlements and a lower overall debt is a bad thing for Europe?
    No. I think that Socialism sucks and is doomed to failure. Period.
    US under Obama is like shifting into 6th gear towards the cliff. We are all screwed except apparently the Russians and Chinese. Who'd would have predicted that 20 years ago?

    There will be WW3 fought over all of this. Just wait.

  86. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I was going to ask whether you had ever lived in another country, then I thought I should scale it back to 'visited'.

    Now I'd like to know whether you have ever left your county?
    With the net you can go alot of places, the furthest I have been is Hawaii. The fractional reserve lending system we use to run our economies goes back to England and Holland.

    So no matter where you go you are in debt to the BANK!

    This system over time will pretty much make the whole world much the same in alot of regards. What point would you like to make?

    Hawaii was a prime example of what I said, When I went to Hawaii somebody on the main land said do not mouth off too the Islanders because they will kill you, I have recently studied the real history of how the 50th state became a state and I believe I would kill too. Those people lost paradise and the Europeans have pretty well wrecked what was a incredible jewel in the pacific.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    No. I think that Socialism sucks and is doomed to failure. Period.
    I see you haven't been far either. Try something other than Fox for your news.

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    906
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    This system over time will pretty much make the whole world much the same in alot of regards. What point would you like to make?
    I'm not trying to make points. I'm trying to understand yours and where they come from because I'm new to your country and some things here are baffling at first. As far as globalization - I don't think we've got the time and the space to go through that one here.

  89. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    No. I think that Socialism sucks and is doomed to failure. Period.
    US under Obama is like shifting into 6th gear towards the cliff. We are all screwed except apparently the Russians and Chinese. Who'd would have predicted that 20 years ago?

    There will be WW3 fought over all of this. Just wait.
    They conned all of us, the socialist took America over from the inside and then started decades ago programming us to believe socialism was capitalism. They did this by buying all the media up then the net came out and they got popped.

    This was pre scripted by the world mob bosses who run the credit monopoly which is the 5th plank of the communist manifesto.

    People do not realize they are taking an IQ test, anybody who is an adult and not aware by now why you have got to tie your money system to something real is not real gifted up stairs.

    These people are the greatest con artist to ever live, there are alot of issues here and what else are you to do with the herd? There is no way the founding documents can work with a global IQ average of 79, the social engineers figured this out long ago.

    The people who put America together were smart and most people are stupid so here we are and the end result is the failure of the Republic. The stupidity of the herd is what makes socialism go.

    WHAT ELSE TO DO WITH DAA HERD!

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I'm not trying to make points. I'm trying to understand yours and where they come from because I'm new to your country and some things here are baffling at first. As far as globalization - I don't think we've got the time and the space to go through that one here.
    Globalization in its current form is accelerating the 6th mass extinction, it can work if we jettison most of the human race but other than that we should be going vegetarian and living back in our local eco system.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    I am aware that the US debt surpasses the EU debt by a good margin, yet the US have far less of the entitlements granted. So, if we're keeping this simple, you think more entitlements and a lower overall debt is a bad thing for Europe?
    What I think is we have all been conned, if you are in Britain or lived there you are or were sitting in the con artists den.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 01-18-2014 at 07:31 AM.

  92. #92
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,955
    This thread has jumped the stupid shark so cleanly that it doesn't even count as violation of the no politics rule here at empty beer. I guess this is how a thread dodges the bin.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    87
    never mind...

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Glide the Clyde View Post
    This thread has jumped the stupid shark so cleanly that it doesn't even count as violation of the no politics rule here at empty beer. I guess this is how a thread dodges the bin.
    Obama care came directly from the top of the new owners of this country, it is all relevant.

  95. #95
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    Most of the idiots on here are either uninsured leaches on society or ignorant of the complex nature of medical insurance
    Quote Originally Posted by chasejj View Post
    No. I think that Socialism sucks and is doomed to failure. Period.
    US under Obama is like shifting into 6th gear towards the cliff. We are all screwed except apparently the Russians and Chinese. Who'd would have predicted that 20 years ago?

    There will be WW3 fought over all of this. Just wait.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    They conned all of us, the socialist took America over from the inside and then started decades ago programming us to believe socialism was capitalism.


    The people who put America together were smart and most people are stupid so here we are and the end result is the failure of the Republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Globalization in its current form is accelerating the 6th mass extinction, it can work if we jettison most of the human race but other than that we should be going vegetarian and living back in our local eco system.
    wow, the things you can learn on MTBR.....


  96. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    wow, the things you can learn on MTBR.....

    They will probably keep adding toxins to the water supply such as fluoride in order to finish the dumb animal off, somebody has to run the world. It's a shame the dumb animal has to be treated as such. What else to do?

  97. #97
    JHH
    JHH is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    363
    As a clyde I'm more concerned with the ignorance of those like to post political drivel in a Mt. Bike site. Go ****ing ride ya kooks.
    Keep pedaling no matter what

  98. #98
    passed out in your garden
    Reputation: cmg71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,603
    actually obamacare scares the crap out of me, l wouldnt know what to do when l was at a point where obamacare became an important point in my life, in fact lm really scared that one I'll be walking down the street and obamacare will hit me then and there, or l may be having a romantic dinner wirh my mistress and "BANG" obamacare strikes.....

    I'd really hate that



    Edit: just re-read the thread, my apologies, l thought we were talking about incontinance, boy do l feel silly......
    always mad and usually drunk......

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by cmg71 View Post
    Edit: just re-read the thread, my apologies, l thought we were talking about incontinance, boy do l feel silly......
    Not much difference, really!

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    I also ride with my helmet lined in aluminum foil so I'm well protected
    I've been trying to make breathable stainless steel foil ever since I read about the aluminum hoarding and got tired of dealing with the sweat problem. My wife suggested something less shiny - especially for job interviews.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Do clydes consider tall clydes sandbaggers?
    By Lets Try Science in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 02-04-2017, 07:59 PM
  2. OT be careful out there
    By Blurr in forum The ReCycle Bin
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 03:11 PM
  3. PSA: Be careful out there
    By jradin in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 04:57 PM
  4. Be careful out there!
    By Fly Rod in forum Oregon
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
  5. be careful out there
    By singlesprocket in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •