Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 140
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535

    Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    I am just wondering because I have changed my riding style and slowed down alot after I read 83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.

    It is starting to look like you better take care of your body because they will not be putting humpty dumpty back together again.

    I was considering starting to ride my MOTO X motorcycles again but no way after I look at the new health care packages.

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    22
    What a horrible, horrible thing. Let's all just stop living. Freaking obamacare. Uhg.
    But no, I'm not. I don't have insurance, and don't plan on signing up. They can go ride themselves into a wall.

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    87
    Absolutely....I always let government programs effect my hobbies. I was an avid white water rafter until the last farm bill.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I still ride fast but I broke a few ribs back about 4 months ago and it made me think, I will still ride my motorcycles but no MOTOX. I used to be able to get a policy with a low deductible so I did not care but now? and it looks like care is going to be going down the toilet.

    You young cat's better do your research before you go hog wild exploring the bounds of " Where no man has gone before " unless you work for the Federal Mafia!

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  6. #6
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.
    81.79% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

  7. #7
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    Why? This is one of his better pieces of work.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    28
    You do understand that Obama care is supposed to only be another form of insurance.........who ever told you that you can't just go to any insurance company in the state you live in and get insurance...................High deductible. ?....ok...you still get treated,you just owe the hospitals. ?...make payments....
    No insurance......it's called the ER.....nothing has changed there......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!

  12. #12
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?

  13. #13
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

    I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    424
    Clydes in general should be more careful anyways, because of their bmi not some law.

    My wife is a doctor, and not much will change. She like most doctors got in the business to help others. Its gonna be okay..

    Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?
    I did not say that, there was a recent survey done and one of the ?'s ended up with that answer. One of my Dr's has quit taking Medicare patients and more Dr's are trying to go cash because the insurance system has become to expensive and troublesome.

    My own personal Dr. opted out of main stream and went into natural healing because alot of the newer medicines he considered poisons. He told me alot of the newer care has turned into a crock and it was going backwards.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 01-12-2014 at 11:08 AM.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

    Daa Heeeerd!
    So - your sample size is limited to your doctors?
    Might I ask what sort of medical professionals you require?
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  17. #17
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,320
    Quote Originally Posted by the glassman View Post
    ......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

    Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

    Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    807
    Out before the bin.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

    Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

    Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...
    Thanks for the post, I am concerned and this post proves why.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    166

    Re: Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

    Can't comment on whether or not the new system is good, but your old system sure seemed flawed. The US government spent more per capita on health-care than Canada and the #1 cause of bankruptcy was medical costs. If my doctor's primary motivation was profit, I'd find a new doctor.

    Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2015 Brodie Romax
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    266
    My bet; Your 83% doctors are more than likely growing medical mari-jane, by your statements Mr. Slowwww

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    The Docs will tell you they feel most of the problem is to much Big Gov, some practices are going cash only and the prices are considerably cheaper from what I have seen. This is real so jokes about it don't help anybody.

    If you really want to get an idea about what is really going on in medical watch the movie Cancer is Serious Business 2010. Things are not quit what they appear, the all powerful state is conning us all.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    831
    Doctors are very much in the top 1% of earners in the USA. 83% of them are NOT going to give up on that. Ever. Think about what you are told.

    I personally believe that making such offensive profit from healthcare is not something a civilized nation should be party to - especially when the country spends the most but doesn't top the health ratings.

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

    I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.
    You are correct in the name of the of the Act but please don't get down on folks calling it Obama Care. If you do a little research you will see and hear Obama and many of his fellow democrat congress and senators calling it Obama Care many, many times.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bike Whisperer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    My insurance is exactly the same as it was in 2013, the Affordable Health Care had zero effect on my life in the slightest bit.

    Once I recover from my (no copay or deductible) hip replacement I will go right back to riding my bike and not giving a sh!t about things that happen over 3000 miles away from where I live.

    Politics has nothing to do with this website

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike Whisperer View Post
    My insurance is exactly the same as it was in 2013, the Affordable Health Care had zero effect on my life in the slightest bit.

    Once I recover from my (no copay or deductible) hip replacement I will go right back to riding my bike and not giving a sh!t about things that happen over 3000 miles away from where I live.

    Politics has nothing to do with this website
    Just wait and see your health care will be changing, this is a legitimate ? for MTB riders ?.

  27. #27
    AZ
    AZ is offline
    banned
    Reputation: AZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    19,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    this is a legitimate ? for MTB riders ?.



    It would be legit if this was a political site but its not. No politics, no religion, no trolling. So far, you're batting 1,000.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Midtown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ View Post
    It would be legit if this was a political site but its not. No politics, no religion, no trolling. So far, you're batting 1,000.
    While I agree with your premise, I too like coming here to get away from politics and religion, one mustn't keep ones head in the sand.

  29. #29
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    I get Jesus to heal me, I don't need no stinkin doktors.

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtown View Post
    While I agree with your premise, I too like coming here to get away from politics and religion, one mustn't keep ones head in the sand.
    Right this is to the point where you need to mix both to a degree, I have just made a conscience effort to take care of my body better because of the concerns coming up in this country about the direction it's going in alot of areas.

    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.

    Those who do not know their history are destined to repeat

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.

    Those who do not know their history are destined to repeat
    Feel free to jump ship then and don't contribute, it'll be better for the rest of us as well. Also, do not compare my country to Nazi Germany. I am not a flag waver, but muck off and leave if that's your opinion.

    I work for a university doing research. I don't get paid a whole lot, but I hope that I am contributing to knowledge and society on the whole. My plan is the same, but I am paying more for it in this new year. The govt termed our plan as a Cadillac plan and would fine the university something in the neighborhood of 50 million. In my opinion, I want everyone to have a cadillac plan and pay the ford cost. I think the purpose of the Affordable Care Act is to level the cost for the individual instead of using the size of business entities as a bartering tool for better rates. If I have to pay more for more people to get better coverage then so be it and I hope on the whole that this country feels the same way.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post

    Remember the people who were aware of what was going on in Nazi Germany and left were much better than those who stayed behind.
    Godwin's law. Right there. Post 30.

    You really do believe everything your chosen news channels tell you and that is not good for you. I have no idea what your reference points in life are, but the USA will go down the pan if things do not change - the most costly health care system in the world that is NOT the most effective should be a starting point and a bit of a sign.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    115
    Obamacare has affected my life in the same way that Reagan's Trickle-down theory did in the 80's.....

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    266

    No good


  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dbhammercycle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,232
    Quote Originally Posted by Tan&Green View Post
    Obamacare has affected my life in the same way that Reagan's Trickle-down theory did in the 80's.....
    Trickle down economics made the assumption that the rich would spend or invest the money they "saved" from taxes. The rich got richer... duh, right?

    The Affordable Health Care Act seeks to increase health care coverage for everyone by increasing the number of insured to bring down the cost for individuals. This is essentially the business model. The bigger the business the better the rates generally. Unfortunately, weaving together business and health insurance only serves to allow business to enforce health standards on their employed which in a sense deprives them of some personal choice, smoking being the obvious example. I hope that we all get healthier, but ultimately that decision is left to the individual and their lifestyle choices. We should all have some form of coverage, because as we all know....there are knowns, known unknowns and unknown unknowns and that is the nature of the future. We all need a little insurance for our own stupidity. Ultimately, this is a golden rule issue for me, if I want coverage I have to pay for others as well.
    I don't know why,... it's just MUSS easier to pedal than the other ones.

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Bike Whisperer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,214
    I also ride with my helmet lined in aluminum foil so I'm well protected

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    115
    This thread has been informative. I was wondering how someone could have 481 posts on these forums and have negative reputation.... I think I understand now.

  38. #38
    My Brain Hurts!
    Reputation: ProfGumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    699
    Ah, nope. Just ask the last tree I bounced off of, or the next 3.....

    I have a job at a big box retailer, the big one, and the insurance is pretty damned affordable. The pay stinks a bit but other than that I can't complain.

    SO..I will be out as soon as the trails shed all this cold white crap and firm up...just like last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...
    Remember when we were kids and our Mom's said we could not play in the mud? I'm making up for it now!!

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I am just curious as to weather people are being safer when they play. I am going to be because I do not trust the way our medical is going.

  40. #40
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,502
    Tropic thunder

  41. #41
    Viva la Vida!
    Reputation: Camaleon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    790
    IMHO If you are not riding pushing the limits of your own ability why bother?
    Life is full of uncertainties ride hard and know that you are taking way many more chances of getting hurt by driving to the trail.
    We do not stop playing because we grow old;
    We grow old because we stop playing

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    I have gotten hurt on my bike and lucky not to have had to go to the hospital, this thing may be slower than my MOTO X motorcycle but it deserves almost as much respect.

    On a motorcycle I was always more respectful and thought a bike was a joke but have since changed my tune.

    One thing the Moto X motorcycle made me realize was HP can save your A$$ sometimes like when in doubt gas it! but with legs when you gas it nothing happens.

  43. #43
    On wuss patrol
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,888
    The trail of stupid here is unmatched lately on mtbr.
    Sometimes, you need to go fast enough that the trail is a blur to find clarity. -- Wild Bill

  44. #44
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by Clydesdale Clint View Post
    This thread has been informative. I was wondering how someone could have 481 posts on these forums and have negative reputation.... I think I understand now.
    And from a bleeding heart liberal no less! Shocked as this forum has a decidedly liberal bias.

    And realslowww, your heart is in the right place, but you are still bamboozled regarding your facts. I love ya though so don't give up, you seem fairly intelligent. Do some research on the laws which govern economics and you may change your tune. A little hint, those laws are natural and universal laws, not man made ones. Replace the term "money" with "energy" and then do your thinking. You will soon see what a farce it has all become. In fact, I encourage everyone to take part in that simple thought experiment. There is no money, only energy, GO!

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    And from a bleeding heart liberal no less! Shocked as this forum has a decidedly liberal bias.

    And realslowww, your heart is in the right place, but you are still bamboozled regarding your facts. I love ya though so don't give up, you seem fairly intelligent. Do some research on the laws which govern economics and you may change your tune. A little hint, those laws are natural and universal laws, not man made ones. Replace the term "money" with "energy" and then do your thinking. You will soon see what a farce it has all become. In fact, I encourage everyone to take part in that simple thought experiment. There is no money, only energy, GO!

    What a crock.

  46. #46
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Appalling. So you deny the laws of nature, and disagree that all energy systems must conform to these universal laws?

    Do you believe in ghosts and time bending as well?

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    What I think is your post's are BS, I am well versed in economics.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    831
    What evidence do you have - real evidence - that medical care is going downhill?

  49. #49
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    726
    Well, I disagree. So you are saying that money can be created out of nothing? Quantitative Easing is not a farce?

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    535
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    What evidence do you have - real evidence - that medical care is going downhill?
    Well first off the whole country is going down the tubes and medical is part of the country, Watch the movie cancer is serious business 2010 to see what our regulating bodies are doing who are supposed to be protecting the public.

    My doctor has told me it is going south, my step fathers Drs. told him it was going down. Nurses I talk to tell me medical is becoming a joke. I watched modern medicine kill my mother.

    I live in a town that is based on hospitals.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. OT be careful out there
    By Blurr in forum The ReCycle Bin
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 02:11 PM
  2. PSA: Be careful out there
    By jradin in forum Colorado - Front Range
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 03:57 PM
  3. Do clydes consider tall clydes sandbaggers?
    By Lets Try Science in forum Clydesdales/Tall Riders
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 10:08 AM
  4. Be careful out there!
    By Fly Rod in forum Oregon
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 08:39 PM
  5. be careful out there
    By singlesprocket in forum Eastern Canada
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •