Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2011

Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

I am just wondering because I have changed my riding style and slowed down alot after I read 83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.

It is starting to look like you better take care of your body because they will not be putting humpty dumpty back together again.

I was considering starting to ride my MOTO X motorcycles again but no way after I look at the new health care packages.

mtbr member
    Dec 2013
    What a horrible, horrible thing. Let's all just stop living. Freaking obamacare. Uhg.
    But no, I'm not. I don't have insurance, and don't plan on signing up. They can go ride themselves into a wall.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Absolutely....I always let government programs effect my hobbies. I was an avid white water rafter until the last farm bill.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I still ride fast but I broke a few ribs back about 4 months ago and it made me think, I will still ride my motorcycles but no MOTOX. I used to be able to get a policy with a low deductible so I did not care but now? and it looks like care is going to be going down the toilet.

You young cat's better do your research before you go hog wild exploring the bounds of " Where no man has gone before " unless you work for the Federal Mafia!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

banned
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Realslowww View Post
    83% of doctors are considering quitting because of the new health care laws coming about.
    81.79% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

FKA Malibu412
    Quote Originally Posted by debaucherous View Post
    Follow your bliss.
    You should quit riding.
    You should also quit typing.
    Why? This is one of his better pieces of work.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

mtbr member
    May 2011
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    You do understand that Obama care is supposed to only be another form of insurance.........who ever told you that you can't just go to any insurance company in the state you live in and get insurance...................High deductible. ?....ok...you still get treated,you just owe the hospitals. ?...make payments....
    No insurance......it's called the ER.....nothing has changed there......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    You guys can stay in denial about the way the world really works, typical sheople!
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by TooTallUK View Post
    You do know that Fox News isn't really news don't you? Don't believe everything you hear or read, even if you get a bit selective on your news channels.
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

Daa Heeeerd!

banned
    Jan 2013
    I haven't watched the TV news in a decade or so, my own physicians have verified what is going on to me and you better take care of your body because health care is going down the tubes.

Daa Heeeerd!
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Clydes in general should be more careful anyways, because of their bmi not some law.

My wife is a doctor, and not much will change. She like most doctors got in the business to help others. Its gonna be okay..

Sent from my LG-P769 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRingGrinder View Post
    So 83% of your doctors are quitting?
    I did not say that, there was a recent survey done and one of the ?'s ended up with that answer. One of my Dr's has quit taking Medicare patients and more Dr's are trying to go cash because the insurance system has become to expensive and troublesome.

My own personal Dr. opted out of main stream and went into natural healing because alot of the newer medicines he considered poisons. He told me alot of the newer care has turned into a crock and it was going backwards.
    Last edited by Realslowww; 01-12-2014 at 12:08 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Daa Heeeerd!
    So - your sample size is limited to your doctors?
    Might I ask what sort of medical professionals you require?
    I was gonna stop by and see you, but the Jehovas witnesses came by. When they left I started drinking. Voicemail from Paul

Trail Prospector
    Quote Originally Posted by the glassman View Post
    ......are you guys that ignorant...........IT IS AGAINST THE LAW FOR A HOSPITAL REFUSE TO TREAT YOU...........ALWAYS HAS BEEN...ALWAYS WILL BE
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Out before the bin.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    No, I do not consider myself ignorant, just one of the 5% who's plan disappeared.
    Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, for the first time since 1990 I am now w/o health insurance.
    Based on your ^ statement, I guess you've not been to a hospital in the past two years.
    In December 2012, I did with insurance, and learned quite a few things:
    1) Hospitals are strictly for profit, most no longer employ doctors who act as subcontractors, and each entity bills separately.
    2) Although they are supposed to share info, often do not, and with conflicting medical coding software mischarge for all services.
    3) Physician's Groups have to play hardball since the insurance companies and hospitals have gifted them with all the liability.
    4) Many physicians were first listed as IN Network, and have now opted out of the ACA's 2/3 reimbursement program to become OUT of Network.
    5) If you go to the hospital w/o insurance - they WILL treat you. However, you WILL pay, or lose everything you own, less $2400.
    6) Without an attorney, nobody is your true advocate, and as such the current system invites blatant abuse.
    7) Our healthcare system is broken, has become the worst in the civilized world, and all are stymied by our blatant stupidity.
    ---
    Norway's taxes are 54% including excellent healthcare. Given our current 34-54%* total tax structure their system seems very appealing. (* based on) fed 15-42, state 8, sales 6, property 2, excise 2, use 1.)
    ----
    This December, I did contact my existing healthcare provider to learn this:
    [My former plan is considered Platinum, and will now cost $1900 per month. That's after tax, before food, shelter, gas, or biking. By calculating deductibles, doctors out of network, and payout procedures, with a Bronze Plan ($485/mo.) blowing up a knee to require ACL surgery (+ $100k) may result in $35-50k of personal debt.

Not many people I know, have this $$ in liquid assets. Due to this reality, this self-employed market developer of 12 years now seeks a job with full benefits, and I don't give a ~~( o ) [rat's azz] if I must pour coffee for Starbuck's. Yes dear, our country has officially phucked da pooch. If in doubt, watch the change in 2014's personal bankruptcy.] end rant

Now, thanks to our politicians with free Cadillac health insurance - this Clyde really, r-e-a-l-l-y needs to go for a ride...
    Thanks for the post, I am concerned and this post proves why.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Re: Any of you clydes being more careful because of OBAMCARE?

Can't comment on whether or not the new system is good, but your old system sure seemed flawed. The US government spent more per capita on health-care than Canada and the #1 cause of bankruptcy was medical costs. If my doctor's primary motivation was profit, I'd find a new doctor.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z10
    2011 Giant Trance X3 "Andre"
    2013 Rocky Mountain SoloCX "Han"

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    My bet; Your 83% doctors are more than likely growing medical mari-jane, by your statements Mr. Slowwww

mtbr member
    May 2011
    The Docs will tell you they feel most of the problem is to much Big Gov, some practices are going cash only and the prices are considerably cheaper from what I have seen. This is real so jokes about it don't help anybody.

If you really want to get an idea about what is really going on in medical watch the movie Cancer is Serious Business 2010. Things are not quit what they appear, the all powerful state is conning us all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Doctors are very much in the top 1% of earners in the USA. 83% of them are NOT going to give up on that. Ever. Think about what you are told.

I personally believe that making such offensive profit from healthcare is not something a civilized nation should be party to - especially when the country spends the most but doesn't top the health ratings.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by musikron View Post
    Been uninsured since 2004, so I'm always careful. The Affordable Care Act (I choose to call it what it actually is, no one will take your detractions serious when you can't even get the name right, it undermines your credibility) will have no impact on my behaviors, because the broken health system in this country already impacts my behavior.

I have also endured the pain of catastrophic injury and pain of the resultant surgery and rehab, so insurance or not, I value my quality of life, so am always careful with my body.
    You are correct in the name of the of the Act but please don't get down on folks calling it Obama Care. If you do a little research you will see and hear Obama and many of his fellow democrat congress and senators calling it Obama Care many, many times.

mtbr member
    My insurance is exactly the same as it was in 2013, the Affordable Health Care had zero effect on my life in the slightest bit.

Once I recover from my (no copay or deductible) hip replacement I will go right back to riding my bike and not giving a sh!t about things that happen over 3000 miles away from where I live.

Politics has nothing to do with this website
    Origin 8 Scout 29
    Rodriquez Adventure

Blog

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast