mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Any other Clydes ride vintage?

I see lots of terrific shiny new bikes on here, but I was wondering if any of y'all ride any older bikes. The bike I ride most is a a '92 GT Zaskar. It's incredibly strong. I'm about 6'2" 215, and dropping and this bike is one reason why. Anyway, I was just wondering if any of you ride older bikes.

mtbr member
    I had an older GT very similar to that one that I rode the hell out of for a few years, either with gears or setup as a singlespeed.

In the garage I've got 2 old XXL Karakoram frames I want to build and restore but dont have room for anymore complete bikes.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My first ever mountain bike was a trek 850 rigid I bought in 1994 new. Still have it, and still ride it on the road. This is also my first post here as I started riding again...

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Awesome. Ride on, Pardner!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I'll load a pic of it later when I get a chance.... it has served me well...

mtbr member
    i commute with my 93ish GT Outpost weather permitting!

Klydesdale
    Feb 2005
    I would still be riding my vintage MTB frames if they had not all broke in one way or another.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    Yeah I ride my 98 GT Tequesta a lot more then my other bike. At first it was just going to be a beater but then I started upgrading parts. It's also steel which I feel rides better then my newer alumium bike.
    Pedaling Gorilla

human dehumidifier
    Still riding the Phoenix. Even the water bottle in that photo is a vintage Specialized Peace on Dirt model.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any other Clydes ride vintage?-dscn0250.jpg  

I may or may not be laughing at you.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I have a 1988 Rockhopper comp that gets ridden now and again, its mostly a bike that I let people borrow when they stop by and we go for a ride but I do ride it, here she is after some clean up etc. and the day that I snatched it up off of Craigslist in the free section
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any other Clydes ride vintage?-rockhoppercompprogress.jpg  

Any other Clydes ride vintage?-1988-rockhopper-day-i-got-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I still ride a green, 1992 Fuji Discovery MTB. I Call it Kermit cause it is Kermit green. I put slick tires on it and use it as my road bike. I have a BOB trailer so I use it to do all my grocery runs. Still has the original everything except the chain but shifters, cable is all original and has run great for years even through 1000's of miles of road and trail.
    Still learning how to keep the rubber side down.

mtbr member
    '97 GF Joshua X0 that i got a few months back. i thought i was entering into MTBing with somethng akin to the technology used in the space shuttle. Soon became clear that i was mistaken after getting so many thumbs-up and 'old school' comments from other bikers Still loving it though.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any other Clydes ride vintage?-mountain_bike_1.jpg  

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    before I sold off all my stuff I was rocking an '88 GT avalance (1st year of the tripple triangle) I built up as my commuter... biopace, U brake out back... added a few modern things (like mid 90's sram twist shifters and a space-bar bar (to replace the super awesome scott at4 bars)

to the OP... great looking GT

Nietz... reminds me of the first real MTB I ever rode... was a friends '90/91 hard rock... horrid shimano push-push shifters... but no biopace crank lol

raleigh5... I really dug those things back in HS... saddly I still haven't ridden ANY FS rig... either way kewl bike
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Thank you! You don't ride anymore?

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    had to sell a ton of stuff to raise money... including my bikes... income tax time will buy a new/better one...
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    Still my go-to bike after all these years! It's a Fisher Hoo-Koo-E-Koo, ala '97ish!
    I just keep on replacing cables and housings as need be...it still ROCKS!
    I drove to Y-Town Ohio, (from Pittsburgh) to get an XTR front derailer for $10...haha!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any other Clydes ride vintage?-fisher-hoo-koo-e-koo.jpg  

Last edited by Badassbassangler; 09-24-2011 at 05:02 PM. Reason: pic didn't show
    Only if I got paid to hang out in my garage and tweak on my bikes...

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    At 201 I guess I am a clyde. Some of my bikes are clydes too. My 1936 Mercury tips the scales at about 49 pounds.

Not sure about the 41 Excelsior:

The Brave is pretty light though but I don't ride it often.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^