mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Any Leader 625 riders here?

Ive heard really good things about this bike but have no chance of riding it without buying it on ebay. There is a dealer in CO but I am in WA and dont want to take the trip. This bike will be for XC and loosing my weight 240 5 foot 8. (life caught up). Anyway any word?

locked - time out

New question here. Always ask if your not sure!

Quote Originally Posted by jnstrom
    Ive heard really good things about this bike but have no chance of riding it without buying it on ebay. There is a dealer in CO but I am in WA and dont want to take the trip. This bike will be for XC and loosing my weight 240 5 foot 8. (life caught up). Anyway any word?
    Hi jnstron, Just last week I finished up a Leader LD516-H for my younger brother.
    He's at 255# and the frame did have some flex in the seat-stays. Nothing a brake
    booster couldnt help. Other than that the frame is beeffy. I realise your talking about
    the Leader 625, I've yet to see one in person, but just wanted to tell you that the
    hard-tail frame is Clyde worthy. Its really hard to purchese anything sight-on-seen.
    So think twice, @ 5'8" I would make sure its a 16" frame. Maybe someone with some
    real hands-on with the 625 will come along.

If your willing to buy without seeing a bike in person. Give IBEX bikes .com a look.
    These to are Clyde worthy, I know 1st hand. I ride one, and Iam @ 230#. I couldent
    be happier with my bike. I LOVE my bike!

Good luck on your quest.

Jake Pay, IBEX Here.
    Last edited by Pay Here; 03-05-2006 at 10:51 PM.

Freshly Fujified

625 or 626?

If you're talking about Leader's 5" full suspension bike, then you're referring to the 626 (never heard of a 625). I've had one for about a year now and am constantly referring people to Jared at Downshift Cycles (www.downshiftcylces.com) to buy this frame. It is a great bike for the money and if you read the reviews, I think you'll see what a value it is. If you're buying one used on ebay, you'll probably get it for a song as not many people know this bike. If you're considering buying new, directly from Leader's ebay store, I would say give Jared a call first. I think you'll find better price and service.

Let me know if you need more info on this bike, if indeed the 626 is the bike you're referring to.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Jared is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    If you're talking about Leader's 5" full suspension bike, then you're referring to the 626 (never heard of a 625). I've had one for about a year now and am constantly referring people to Jared at Downshift Cycles (www.downshiftcylces.com) to buy this frame. It is a great bike for the money and if you read the reviews, I think you'll see what a value it is. If you're buying one used on ebay, you'll probably get it for a song as not many people know this bike. If you're considering buying new, directly from Leader's ebay store, I would say give Jared a call first. I think you'll find better price and service.

Let me know if you need more info on this bike, if indeed the 626 is the bike you're referring to.

Bob

This guy at Downshift Cycles is incredible. He has been answering my questions with a ton of information. More than any LBS in my area has. Ill talk about a deal. He quoted me around $2,000 Im hoping to get it for cheaper. Ill talk to him. Sounds like a great frame!
    John

mtbr member
    Mar 2006

Which Ibex do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pay Here
    Hi jnstron, Just last week I finished up a Leader LD516-H for my younger brother.
    He's at 255# and the frame did have some flex in the seat-stays. Nothing a brake
    booster couldnt help. Other than that the frame is beeffy. I realise your talking about
    the Leader 625, I've yet to see one in person, but just wanted to tell you that the
    hard-tail frame is Clyde worthy. Its really hard to purchese anything sight-on-seen.
    So think twice, @ 5'8" I would make sure its a 16" frame. Maybe someone with some
    real hands-on with the 625 will come along.

If your willing to buy without seeing a bike in person. Give IBEX bikes .com a look.
    These to are Clyde worthy, I know 1st hand. I ride one, and Iam @ 230#. I couldent
    be happier with my bike. I LOVE my bike!

Good luck on your quest.

Jake Pay, IBEX Here.

How does it climb?

Freshly Fujified

Jared will work with you

This guy at Downshift Cycles is incredible. He has been answering my questions with a ton of information. More than any LBS in my area has. Ill talk about a deal. He quoted me around $2,000 Im hoping to get it for cheaper. Ill talk to him. Sounds like a great frame!
    John
    Jared's a fair guy. I'm sure whatever the two of you work out will be a fair deal for all. Let us know if you go with the Leader or Ibex. I own an Ibex RSR B24, which is a street bike. I can attest to their overall quality too. The new Ibex Asta should be a decent bike for a Clyde. I KNOW first hand the Leader 626 is.

Let us know what you finally decide on.

Bob
    Last edited by Call_me_Clyde; 03-07-2006 at 04:00 AM.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

locked - time out

Good job! Ibex Alpine, Here.

How does it climb?
    Iam riding a 17"hardtail that climbs like a goat. I built it for XC with an all Sram drive-train,
    RaceFace cranks and cockpit, and it turn'd out awesome IMO. That said, if your looking
    for FS almost every review I've read about the Ibex Ignition 3 is in high reguard.

Yes I'am byess on the Ibex thing, and if you had the chance to ride one, I'am positive you
    would agree. If i didnt like the way the frame handled, I surly wouldnt have put $1800 into
    the up-grade.

The 05' clearance sale is super. Your not going to find better components for the $$$.
    Have you read the reviews, or gone to the Ibex board in these forums, you'll see I'am not
    alone in my feelings. Give them a call, ask questions.

Good luck, on your quest.

Jake Pay, Ibex Here.

I forgot, customer service will totally blow you away! Yeah, that good.
    Last edited by Pay Here; 03-06-2006 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Spelling