mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Any Clydesdales riding Moots TI seatpost?

I am looking at putting a Moots Ti post on my hardtail to take some of the edge off, rather than moving fully into a thudbuster. Is there anyone over 210lbs that has used this post on a hardtail? If so, what was your experiences like? Thanks

surly and rigid
    Apr 2004
    No personal use of one of these posts but I would not suggest it. I have seen a 160 pound rider get one to fail on them. Im 210 most of the year and I only ride Thomson posts. If you need some squish I would go with a slightly higher volume tire and run it with a tiny bit less pressure than usual and bingo instant squish.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005

Moots Ti seatpost

I've used a Moots Ti seatpost on my Titus Racer X for over 3 years. The seatpost has held up fine. However, the seatposts' support mechanism for the saddle rails is not the best design. It places quite a bit of stress on the rails in a very small area, resulting in broken saddle rails. In fact, since getting the seatpost, I have not made it through a season without breaking a saddle rail (Flite, Bontrager, WTB saddles). Before the Moots, I rode 5 seasons with the same saddle - no rail breakage.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Ti is light and strong, but the strength is its weakness. stay away if you are a big guy that rides hard