mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Any Clydes w/Cannondale '06 Prophet 400 and '06 Rush 400?

Two local shops have one of each for sale, at basically the same price. ($1100)
    Any opinions from Clydes on these bikes? Any owners in here?

I have a 15 year old C'dale M500 hard tail, but am leery of paying to re-outfit _all_ the parts, although I did/do love that bike, and may over time, as I do a lot of city riding.

I'm 6'2" and about 250 lbs. Any issues w.forks, rear suspension, etc

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I was supposed to test ride one today but when i showed up to the LBS they told me I was too heavy for the rear shock. I'm 235. Anyway i hope you get the answer cuz i was really looking foward to test ride that bike. Rush 1000.

Danny

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by danitolaboy
    I was supposed to test ride one today but when i showed up to the LBS they told me I was too heavy for the rear shock.
    Too heavy for a Fox Float? Were you just looking to ride XC? They put Fox Floats on the back of lots of bikes.

I've been riding a Rush 600 for over a year now. I go 6'5", 240 lbs. I ride XC, with no drops greater than 2 feet.

Fox Float on the back--that has been great, no issues. Lefty on the front--worked great when it wasn't leaking oil. Went through 3 seals in one year and decided it was time for a new fork. Too bad too. When not leaking oil, that Lefty was a dream come true.

The 400 level suspension components are different, so I can't speak to those. If I were you, though, I would go with the Prophet for it's frame. It's only slightly heavier than the Rush, but gives you more stiffness in the front triangle. You'll get a little extra travel too for those times you feel a little more adventurous.

Just one man's opinion though. Post up in the C'Dale forum and see what they have to say.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I do mostly xc Florida is almost 99% flat but there are a 3 drops I like to ride that are around 3-4 feet. I'm new at this so my LBS might have backed out at the last moment and did not feel like admitting it. I have a buddy that owns one I might convince him to let me borow it.

mtbr member
    I'm 6'-2 about 260 and bought my Prophet 5 about 2 months ago. I'm not sure where the prophet 5 ranks with the 400.
    This bike has been a dream come true, of all the full suspension bikes I tested around the 2k mark this bike was unbelievable. When I talked to my LBS's Cannondale rep he said just use the weight=psi rule on the shock. I started there then went down.

rust never sleeps
    I weigh 280. I have a semi-custom Prophet with a Swinger 3-way shock.
    Bike is great. I got 18 months from the shock and just replaced with another Swinger 3-way ($99 at Santacruz's website).
    $1100 for a bike for us is a great deal.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I demo'd the 06 Rush 400, Prophet 400, and ended up forking (pun intended) over the extra cash for an 06 Prophet 600. Love the bike, does feel a bit heavier/ponderous than the rush, but the fork/frame do feel a lot more comfortable.

I felt like my weight was being distributed a bit much over the front end on the Rush, and the Marzocchi forks were way too loose for my liking.

Thanks for the advice,

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I finally got to test ride a Rush 3 today. Awesome.nice ride. never bottomed out the shock or the forks. two thumbs up.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    me again. I just got home from riding the local trail on the rush 3 it was even better today. very nice ride what a difference from my hardtail. Too bad i have to return it tomorrow. I'm most likely putting a deposit on one next week.

El Pollo Diablo
    I picked up an 06 Prophet 600 last week, and so far she's treated me well...
    not happy with the stiffness of the rear wheel under me, but other than that, no complaints.
    (fwiw, 6'3'', 210ish, and we'll see how throwing on a TBC revolution rear works for me.)