mtbr member

Any clydes riding on a Fizik Arione?

If heard if bigger riders using them well. I watched one of my LBS guys take a brand new Arione Tri 2 off of a Cyclo and walk over to the take off saddle bin. When he wrote $50 I grabbed it before he could set it down. They let me throw it on one of their bikes to try it out. It felt good and I could get off the back fine but, a parking lot ride has nothing on a couple hour trail ride. I'm right at 6'2" 225 loaded down and I want this to go on my Niner hardtail build. Anyone else use one? I think I'm having roadie racer boy saddle regret...

mtbr member
    My first road bike a couple years ago had one of those and I didn't like it (6'6" 225lbs). Made my man bits go numb after an hour or so. I ended up selling it on ebay for about $75 and picked up some cheap seat online with the slot in it to relieve pressure from the prostate area, was about $35 and much more comfortable to go the distance!

All that said, seat comfort is entirely a personal preference and you will never know until you try it out for a couple hours.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Picked up the WTB laver V. Way better than the Fizik that came with my bike!

mtbr member
    I have purchased WTB Devo's for all of my bikes.....they are the best that I have tried.

mtbr member
    I just wanted something that I could get off of. The comfy ones normally don't let me off the back. either way, it's pretty and I know I can sell it to a roadie. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    MY old GT saddle gave up the ghost, so I moved my Fizik over to the GT MTB as a temporary measure... It works for me (but I do mostly trail riding) it gives you a lot of room to move fore/aft... I especially need the aft as my current bike's cockpit is a bit small and my road background is climbing in the saddle on the back of the seat.

I'd say give it a try... you might like it!

Good riding!
    '01 GT Aggressor 2.0
    '97 Jamis Dakota (CrMo)
    C-dale Pro Comp - Road

Why am I on the computer and not riding???