mtbr member
    Aug 2007

Any clydes on Racer x

Ok, Im looking to build a xc bike that I can also do some light trail riding on. (please don't start suggesting all mountain bikes or aggresive trail bikes). I need a xc bike. I'm 220lb and am not hard on my bikes. I've never build really burly bikes and have always leaned towards xc riding even though I'm not a wuss decending either. I was looking at the Titus Racer x since reviews put it as a very fast bike... My concern is if it can handle my weight without any issues. It looks pretty well built but wanted to throw this out there to see if any of you have taken this choice and not regreted it. Or any other 4inch travel bike worthy? Thanks!!

Optimum Value
    If you are only riding XC, and very lightly at that. I would say go ahead and get the racer x. You are not heavy enough to really need an aggressive trail bike, but none the less still a Clyde. If you ever think about going into XC racing, you would already have a very light and agile bike to make that venture less expensive down the road. So overall, trust your abilities, and enjoy the ride!

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    I hear nothing but great things about the titus X... wish I had the money for one... those stays are BEEFY looking... supposed to be a very nice and stiff frame.... if only his wasn't setup in such a way that I don't even want to think about throwing a leg over it (racer buddy with tons of weight wennie parts)... i'd love to get a ride on one haha
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie

mtbr member
    I have heard about zero problems with weight...including guys riding it that are significantly north of your weight.
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]