mtbr member

Any Clydes here that are Dh rig owners?

I just bought one... trust me it took abit getting used to pedaling this pig around, but now that i am used to it, it pedals uphill( with a little more effort of course) as good as on flats. The Race Face Evolve DH Xtype cranks and external BB are like heaven under your feet
    And Bob to your answer your question from my other post, No I didn't get divorced for buying this

Post'em if you got 'em...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Freshly Fujified

Beautiful Bike, Denis

While I'm not a DH rider, I'm sure you'll find a lot of Clyde DH riders. SMT will surely be along to give his thoughts. You may want to post to the DH forum if you haven't already. Enjoy the new ride. Best wishes to you and Mrs. Wickerman.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

Your bike is incorrigible
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    While I'm not a DH rider, I'm sure you'll find a lot of Clyde DH riders. SMT will surely be along to give his thoughts. You may want to post to the DH forum if you haven't already. Enjoy the new ride. Best wishes to you and Mrs. Wickerman.

Bob
    Yep, just what I was thinking as I read the title of the thread, "Here comes SMT".

That doesn't look like that much of a "pig".

mtbr member
    yeah i have a cove g-spot that is my do everything bike. just have to put my shimano xt hydros on and my new tires and should be done for a while.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyechka
    Yep, just what I was thinking as I read the title of the thread, "Here comes SMT".

That doesn't look like that much of a "pig".
    compared to my xc bike which i ride all the time it is But I must admit for a DH bike its quite light.

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by wickerman1
    compared to my xc bike which i ride all the time it is But I must admit for a DH bike its quite light.
    First let me start off by saying nice rig, congrats.

Not trying to rain on your parade, so please don't take this the wrong way, but probably the reason it seems light for a DH bike is because it's not a true DH machine (read overbuilt and not very pedal worthy). Granted that maybe what you use it for, but lets be serious it was not designed or intended to be used as a DH bike per say. If anything it would be better classified as a Lt.FR bike. Still sweet none the less and better in the long run, DH bikes s#ck for pedaling around.

FWIW, I'm a clyde and this is my main ride...
    Last edited by RED5; 02-24-2006 at 08:26 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    First let me start off by saying nice rig, congrats.

Not trying to rain on your parade, so please don't take this the wrong way, but probably the reason it seems light for a DH bike is because it's not a true DH machine (read overbuilt and not very pedal worthy). Granted that maybe what you use it for, but lets be serious it was not designed or intended to be used as a DH bike per say. If anything it would be better classified as a Lt.FR bike. Still sweet none the less and better in the long run, DH bikes s#ck for pedaling around.

FWIW, I'm a clyde and this is my main ride...
    Nice ride!!! yeah I know it isn't a true Dh rig....I'm not into racing otherwise I wouldn't have bought this bike.... I like to get into riding the North Shore more this year and this will will be able to handle it ok.