mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Any big Clydes running a Voodoo Zombie 29er fork?

I just got this fork for a build. I have a Soul Cycles Generation 1 Dillinger also. The Dillinger is nowhere near as burly and solid as the Zombie. I thumped and plucked the 2 forks (like a tuning fork) . the Dillinger had a low pitch "gongy" sound and vibrated more in my hand as I held it by the steer tube. The Zombie had a "tink" sound and vibrated very little. The legs are fatter and the fork is heavier than the Soul fork. Night and Day difference. Now I want to get a FSA Pig Pro DH headset for it. Anybody running this fork? How do you feel about it?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Slave to the grind
    had a voodoo 29er fork about a year now.

rock solid. great stuff. im going to have to swap it out though since its harder for me to keep up with the other SSers with front suspension when it comes to the ruts and rough stuff.
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybomber
    had a voodoo 29er fork about a year now.

rock solid. great stuff. im going to have to swap it out though since its harder for me to keep up with the other SSers with front suspension when it comes to the ruts and rough stuff.
    Did you consider any other forks when you got the Zombie? How does it compare to some other forks? ( weight, flex, etc.). Do you know how it compares to the Soul Cycles Dillinger fork?
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

HTFU and Ride
    i have a voodoo dambala and the zombie came stock on it. worked great...but SUPER stiff and rough. Went with a 100mm Manitou Minute TA and now i will never have a rigid bike again lol!
    Winter is coming.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by coachjon
    i have a voodoo dambala and the zombie came stock on it. worked great...but SUPER stiff and rough. Went with a 100mm Manitou Minute TA and now i will never have a rigid bike again lol!
    What size tires did you use with it? will a 2.5 fit ? I'm only using this build on towpaths and smooth trails.
    roccowt.
    rocnbikemeld

Slave to the grind
    Quote Originally Posted by zarr
    Did you consider any other forks when you got the Zombie? How does it compare to some other forks? ( weight, flex, etc.). Do you know how it compares to the Soul Cycles Dillinger fork?

been using it on my wanga and have only switched to 29 for my canzo. for rigid forks on 26 i have previously used the surly and a kinesis fork.

kinesis was the lightest but the surly was the most forgiving- but you could see it flex in the downhills and when you brake. the zombie is a wee bit on the porky side and doesnt have any give.
    Let it flow, let yourself go, slow and low, that is the tempo.

HTFU and Ride
    i ran a 2.4 MK with TONS of room on both forks. i am sure you could fit the prototype 29x2.6 WTB Kodiak with no problems...assuming you can get one...but you aren't mikesee so prolly not
    Winter is coming.