mtbr member
    Jun 2009

Another Tall New Comer

Whats good people! I just joined because im in the market for a Full Suspenison Bike and dont know what to get. I'm 6'6" ruffly 246. Any Suggestion. I looked at another thread and they were talking about a Giant Trance. What else is out there?

Edit**** After looking around on this site i saw a few threads about 29ers. Gary Fisher started it but which company perfected it? (Full Suspension Bikes)

Thanks in advance
    Calvin
    Last edited by Kausekaos; 06-17-2009 at 01:20 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    Depending on your budget, consider Niner, Ventana, Turner, Pivot, and Lenz Sport for a 29er full suspension as well.

dru
    mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Buy a 29er Mr Chaos!

I'm 6'5" and have a 26er and a 29er. Proportionately a 29er will just look better. The debate rages on as to whether they are necessarily any faster.

Drew
    occasional cyclist

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    After looking at just one of the mentioned companies. I'm in love with the Niner RIP in black. Does it come built cause all I see is frames for sale.
    Last edited by Kausekaos; 06-17-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Former Bike Wrench
    You can purchase it with Build Kits...much like Santa Cruz offers their bikes. Check out Wrench Science or Colorado Cyclist for examples

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72
    You can purchase it with Build Kits...much like Santa Cruz offers their bikes. Check out Wrench Science or Colorado Cyclist for examples
    I'm a noobie, don't know about the parts. I know then why spend the $ you may ask. You all know the answer you have to pay to play. lol I guess i'll email them. Now to try to fit it in the budget. Thats gonna be the hard part. lol
    Last edited by Kausekaos; 06-17-2009 at 05:14 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Just picked up a Trance X4 XLand it is a great bike. I'm 6'6" and 230, and the only change I'm going to make is to high rise bars to get my hands a little higher. Regardless of which trance you are thinking about, I suggest you get on one and try it out

Snapper

big too

I am 6.5 and 240 and l ride an 08 Turner 5 Spot, Intense 29er and Ventana 29er SS. While l enjoy the 29er FS l prefer to ride my 26er FS............ just seems more fun, more capable (for my wieght) and style of riding. Check out closeout sales on 08 Turners........... very cheap. If your heart is set on 29er FS then l think the RIP 09 is the best value for money (otherwise a Sultan). Seems to be a few 08 Sultans around secondhand here (MTBr). Really enjoy the 29er SS and rigid for shorter fast rides and to improve fitness but choose my 26er FS over my 29er FS 95% of the time.

Had quite a few 26er FS over the years (Yeti 575, Titus ML, Intense Tracer and 6.6, Specialized Enduro) and l struggled to fit on every one of those frames. They were all too flexy for someone my heft. The new Spot is the best of the lot but l think the RFX would be that little bit stiffer without too much of a wieght penalty.

Big thing for big boys is strong wheels, contact points and front forks. All the things my 29ers suffer from (flexy frame too).

Goodluck which ever way you go but dont settle for anything too short or strong.

JD