Tigers love pepper...

Another new "clyde"

6'3 / 230

Just got back into biking after a 12 year absence! Just got back into working out this winter and figured I'd get a bike in case I wanted to do something different once the weather turned nice (instead of being inside on a treadmill)!

Bought a cheap bike in case it ended up siting in the garage unused!

Bought a Jamis Trail X2 and have been absolutely LOVING riding again! Darn it, now I wish I would have bought a better bike! Oh well, maybe next year I can convince the wifey I need an upgrade and this can become a commuter!

PS - Even cheap bikes cost a lot! I thought.... "$350 to give it a shot..... not bad"

Then I spent $230 on a rack, $300 to get a new hitch put on..... then helmet, gloves, shoes, new pedals......

Just like any other sport I guess!

Loving this website so far. Wish I would have found it before I ordered my new pedals.... hopefully they'll work out, but the reviews on here are less than encouraging (Shimano M424).

Underskilled
    Have fun,

Slowly shrinking
    Apr 2009

same boat!

Same here mate, about 12 years but back in the fold now!......just a bit heavier

6ft/250 .....down from 285in 4 months and still going

Bought a Harro Mary xc..........ha really good fun ....my plan is to gradually upgrade it then buy a 29er Ti frame and put all the bits on that..............remember .....enjoy it

mtbr member
    Just think of the money saved on gym memberships! Plus, not only is biking great exercise, but a great hobby as well.

Good luck and glad you're here!

Slowly shrinking
    Apr 2009

Cheers

Yep I think thats the difference ......"fun and hobby" as apposed to training.

I do a lot of my training on the turbo and elliptical ....but usually ride my bike for fun... cause i enjoy it!!.............just wish the weather would improve ....its been misty and 7C most of the week with a strong wind on the coast (North East UK)..........looks better today though.......might get on me bike for a couple of hours

Tigers love pepper...
    Quote Originally Posted by mjwood0
    Just think of the money saved on gym memberships! Plus, not only is biking great exercise, but a great hobby as well.

Good luck and glad you're here!
    Won't be canceling the gym membership... just don't want to spend 4 nights a week in there when it's beautiful out! Curently I've been doing short (6 mile) rides before going to the gym.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    I track all my bike expenses on a spreadsheet. Sometimes I think it's adding twice......