mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Another Clyde in the mix

Well a few months ago I returned to MTBR and asked the fine folks here for some advice on my new purchase to return to mountain biking. After asking my questions and reading a ton here on the boards about different things and all I finally decided that the bike of choice was the SantaCruz Chameleon. I found a local dealer and stopped in to talk about it with them. The LBS was simply awesome to work with and they are very much top on my list for return business and service for my new toy. I ended up with the Dam build kit (swapped out the "stock" headset for a Chris King NoThreadset) and Fox F-120 RLC front suspension..... and then it was time to wait and that wait paid off as this past saturday I got to pick up my new bike. So without further delay, here she is in all her glory. Enjoy guys.... I am already planning some upgrades lol :-D

I built her with long term use and growth of skill in mind. I wanted something that would hold up to my weight well (currently 265# but I am doing a fitness program called CrossFit and mountain biking now so hopefully some of that weight will be going away sooner or later :-) ) and be a good bike a year or so down the road when I am getting more skilled and ready to tackle some tougher challenges.
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
    - Albert Einstein

mtbr member
    Very nice ride the hell out of it maybe wait before some upgrades
    Specialized Rockhopper Comp Disc 2009
    Giant CRS 3.0 2009

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Man that is a sweet ride! The SC Chameleon is easily one of my favorite hardtails of all. Good buy, now get it dirty!
    2008 Specialized Stumpjumper Expert

I DON'T avoid rocks.

SS XC Junkie
    That is a VERY nice bike. Now keep those pictures because future pictures should NEVER show that bike that clean.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dontheclysdale
    That is a VERY nice bike. Now keep those pictures because future pictures should NEVER show that bike that clean.
    Oh I can assure you it wont be that clean for very much longer... work and weather have kept me off of it this week.... but that is all going to change tomorrow (assuming the weather holds that is) and it wont ever be that clean again :-)
    "Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth"
    - Albert Einstein

29 some of the time...
    Nice looking rig. I have a soft spot for chameleons, they are just great multipurpose frames. My only complaint is that they are a bit abusive in the rough stuff since they are so stiff in the rear. I can't comment on the current version, but have had 3 other revisions of this frame. If a good deal crossed my path I would pick up another in a heart beet.
    Quote Originally Posted by saturnine
    that's the stupidest idea this side of pinkbike.

Optimum Value
    Very nice bike!

Fat boy Mod Moderator
    welcome aboard ... and sweet lookin rig man... ride the hell outa it and enjoy
    - Surly Disc trucker
    - '82 trek 560 roadie