Thread: Am I huge?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Am I huge?

I have been looking for some baggy ridding shorts just to mess around on my local school campus and to ride in. I bought some wally world camo shorts and they work ok. What do you guys wear? I am a 40 waist and 6'2 tall and just want something about to the knees.
    thanks for your help!

Double-metric mtb man
    I'm running Primal bike shorts in XL. 40" waist and 6' here.
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I've got the nashbar epic's. i'm 6'7" and a 38-40. They work well for me. a tad above the knee. but you're 5" shorter than me, so should be great.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Pearl izumis have fit me well. I tried hoss, azonic (fit pretty well), and something else...
    Sometimes I jsut sport some cargo shorts over lycra. Then at least you don't have to wear that maxi pad all day, just go commando.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I wear Canari Velo Gel shorts size XL (says to size 38, I am a 40-42 and they fit just fine and are comfortable) and a pair of cheap Target cargo shorts over them. Very comfortable setup.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    For baggies, at this time, I like the Oakley 2.6 shorts.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I found that BDU (military) shorts are really comfy and they also tend to run in every size known to man. If you buy the more expensive shorts they come with rip-stop fabric if you tank it a lot riding.

anyone else smell that?
    i wear bdu shorts over top of performance xxl lycra. i'm 6' 1" and wear a 40-42 waist currently.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Thanks for your help guys! Im just wearing some old cargos but about to wear them out and hate to keep buying shorts that just wont hold up ya know. I hate that fox doesn't offer shorts to fit so I might try the oakleys.
    Thanks